Territory Manager – Life Sciences and Diagnostics
Salary: Flexible Depending on Experience + up to £16,000 Bonus + Fully Expensed Company Car + Pension + Healthcare + Dental and Optical Health Plan + Laptop and Mobile Phone + 24 Days Holiday (+ Stats)
Based: North West (Manchester, Liverpool, Warrington, Stockport etc.)
The Requirements of the Territory Manager:
- As the Territory Manager you will have 3-4 years minimum sales experience within the Diagnostics/ Clinical NHS market or in the Life Sciences, Laboratory Consumables/ Scientific Reagents or Lab Equipment industry dealing with laboratories, clinicians, procurement, academia and the biotechnology/ research sector
- Must hold a Life Science, Biological, Chemistry/ related degree as the Territory Manager
- In order to be successful within the Territory Sales Manager role you must hold a Full UK driving licence
- Be living on patch in the North West UK region
The Role of Territory Manager:
- Achieve the forecast sales for the territory by working with customers to sell them existing and new products to include: Laboratory and Diagnostics Equipment, Consumables and Reagents i.e. PCR Consumables, Pipettes, Pipette Tips, Tissue Culture Plastics and Sample Handling as well as 20% Equipment – Small Benchtop machines, Electrophoresis, Thermal Cyclers and ELISA processors as well as many other Laboratory machines
- To acquire a thorough knowledge of the appropriate products so that the customer can be technically supported and informed of the benefits of purchasing the products, working mainly with accounts in NHS/ Clinical, Academia and Life Science research
- Maintain records on a daily basis of customer visits and other activity by using the computerised system provided as well as action daily requests by and for customers visited that day
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of all competitor companies and their products to know who you are competing against and to show how services/products could be improved
- Submit an analysis of activity by call, outlet group and detail by product group as well as report in writing monthly by the 5th of the following month
- The role will encompass mainly Account Management and small amount of Business Development so you will be identifying and developing current Key Accounts on the assigned territory dealing with end users/researchers in the Laboratory all the way to Managers/ Heads of Departments
- My client is a British, privately owned laboratory supplies and diagnostic’s products company who after over 40 years of successful business have dedicated themselves to personalised customer service and support, with a passion for finding new ways to help science improve people’s lives
- Through their worldwide connections with leading manufacturers, established and also emerging suppliers, they source the best products to help solve the problems scientist face in the laboratory every day. Being a smaller sized company, career progression is a standard part of the companies benefits so now is a great time to join this fast-growing entrepreneurial company
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
To apply you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.