Location: Runcorn, Cheshire (3 days per week) and home-based (2 days per week) with the opportunity to travel onto client sites
Are you currently a Mass Spec Field Service Engineer looking to cut down on field based travel?
Currently servicing, maintaining and fixing OEM Mass Spec Instruments by Agilent, Waters, Bruker, Sciex or similar?
If so, I have the opportunity for you….
My client is a trusted and market leading supplier and servicer of equipment and consumables in the fields of Mass Spectrometry, LCMS, GCMS, HPLC/GC systems as well as nitrogen and hydrogen generators where everyone is valued and has the chance to make an impact!
As a member of their high performing and loyal Field Service team you will be the internal Mass Spec expert supporting the other Engineers, and you will also have the opportunity to fully support some of the clients they serve such as Pharma, Biotech/ Research and Environmental customers.
The requirements of the Mass Spec Technical Support Engineer:
- You will have 3 years + of experience in calibrating, maintaining, and troubleshooting analytical Mass Spec equipment (must be Own Equipment Manufacturer trained for example: Waters, Agilent, Thermo Fisher, Bruker, Sciex, PerkinElmer, Shimadzu, Rigaku, LECO etc) – could be for a third party, direct manufacturer or on site Engineer
- Full and ideally clean UK driving licence with the ability to undertake field travel occasionally
- Valid UK passport, with full right to work
The responsibilities of the Mass Spec Technical Support Engineer:
- Reporting to the Service Director, the role is responsible for the highest-level technical support to all areas of the business as well as support clients in a Senior Engineering capacity.
- To support all internal business departments, subsidiaries, subcontractors, and external customers with functional expertise. Working in partnership with all business functions to add value to the role.
- Primary point of contact between the company and engineering supply partners to ensure delivery of required goods in a timely and cost-effective fashion. Work collaboratively to maintain and build valuable, long-term business relationships.
- Versatile and flexible, with the ability to maintain own development plan in line with business objectives to provide continuous improvement across all customers.
- Support, reporting and maintaining all Mass Spec instruments and associated equipment as required, working with Service Planner for allocation of jobs
- Mentoring and guidance of engineers both onsite at client premises and internally in Test Labs and Test Bays
- Remote assistance and troubleshooting
- Field accompaniments to support service requirements and development of engineers on technical matters arising
- Support Service Manager on technical matters as required
- Customer site visits in an engineering capacity to support breakdown and PM calls as required, working with Service Planner for allocation of jobs
- Base Salary Circa up to £45,000 per annum
- 4 x Death in Service
- Pool car, and then after 6 months you can order your own car
- Costco Card
- Pension (6% employer & 3% employee contribution)
- Laptop & Mobile
- 20 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
Apply right now by calling Ben Atherton – International Recruitment Manager at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|