Site Engineer (12-month fixed term contract)
Salary: Negotiable (DOE) + Pension + Life Insurance (Death in service) + 25 days holiday + Stats + Other Blue-Chip Company Benefits
Location: Derbyshire, UK
Do you currently hold the title and responsibility of Service Engineer, Laboratory Scientist, Laboratory Technician, Support Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Calibration Engineer, Site Engineer or similar?
Do you have experience servicing & maintaining benchtop/ smaller scale electrical or mechanical equipment/ General Laboratory Equipment to include: Autoclaves, Fridges, Freezers, Ovens, Stirrers, Shakers, Centrifuges, HPLC Machines, Balances, Weighing Scales, Water Baths, Water Purification, Incubators etc.?
Do you have a customer focused attitude and approach to your daily work?
If you answered yes to the above, then this may be the ideal role for you…
The Requirements of the Site Engineer:
- Must have hands on first line fix, servicing and maintenance of analytical equipment such as HPLC’s, centrifuges, autoclaves, balances
- Broad-brush approach – you will be comfortable with initial fault finding and taking equipment apart in the first instance and then they can be supported by either the Manufacturers Field Service Engineers or the other Engineers in the team using the HoloLens, so you do not have to be an out and out Engineer, however you must be willing to have a go and use your own problem-solving skills to first line fix before calling in the cavalry who will support
- Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
- Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
- Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
The role of the Site Engineer
- Manage, Organise and implement day-to-day Laboratory Instrument Support activities through liaison and discussion with customers, Planners other Engineers and the Lead Scheduler
- The role provides high quality specialist engineering support to a wide range of laboratory equipment within the scientific community such as Balances, Centrifuges, Incubators, Shakers, Stirrers, Fridges and Freezers
- This role will be part of the account-based team and have support, training, access to the UK Laboratory Solutions group network
- Ensure prompt, flexible, customer focused specialist engineering support whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory and engineering standards
- Diagnose faults on complex equipment and systems utilising the multi-disciplinary support internal and external to the team to produce a satisfactory solution
- Plan & carry out engineering maintenance and commissioning work associated with scientific equipment and systems in a safe, cost effective manner to ensure minimum business disruption
- My client is a leading Laboratory Services provider who partner with Top 5 Pharmaceutical organisations globally to support their business-critical laboratory operations
- The services they provide ultimately allow scientists and researchers to spend more time on what really matters – advancing scientific research!
- The services they provide covers areas such as Laboratory Design, Instrument Service, Repair & Calibration, Data Advisory & much more!
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Ben Atherton today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.