Territory: Field based position covering the Milton Keynes, Northampton, Birmingham to East Anglia (M25/ M42 Corridor)
My client is globally recognised as a market leading supplier of Precision Instruments / Weighing Products and Services. They are recognised as an innovation leader and their solutions are critical in key R&D, quality control, and manufacturing processes for customers in a wide range of industries including life sciences, food, and chemicals. They operate throughout the world with a culture shaped by innovation and international flair.
The requirements of the Service Engineer:
- You will have commercial experience working as a Service Engineer / Maintenance/ Calibration/ Repairs Technician (preferably field based) – servicing, fault finding, troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing Weighing/ Precision Weighing, Industrial Scales, Measurements Instruments or any general laboratory equipment such as Balances, Flow Cytometry, Metrology, Laboratory Analysers or similar
- A full UK valid driving license is required with the ability to travel across the territory to visit customers sites
- Living somewhere in the Milton Keynes or Northampton area
- Undertake routine service / calibration in line with customer requirements and documented procedures, examples of the types of customers you will be dealing with could include 60% – Pharma, QA Laboratories, and then the rest is food / beverage, Amazon / DHL (factories, precision weighing / measurements instruments)
- Commission and installation of new Precision Weighing / Measurements equipment in line with customer requirements
- Provide first class preventative maintenance on site
- Respond promptly to all customer breakdowns and perform first time fix
- Complete all routine documentation for each customer visit within 24 hours of every job
- Provide risk assessment and method statement where applicable
- Work to ISO9001-2000, GWP and GxP procedures etc
- Take responsibility for highlighting any additional training or tools needed in order to carry out the work to the best of your ability
- Actively demonstrate support of other areas/departments within the company to promote team spirit
- Proactively own customer care and satisfaction within your own role and responsibilities
- Manage own vehicle stock (parts, tools, consumables) and make required adjustments at least monthly: Including stock management documentation
- Manage own time effectively to include identifying to schedulers if you have finished a task and are available for other work
- Basic Salary is Negotiable (DOE)
- Fully Expensed Company Well Specced Van (worth in excess of £40,000)
- Bupa Healthcare and Pension
- Laptop & Mobile
- Shop Discounts / Vouchers
- Lunch/ Allowances for Food / Fuel etc.
- 25 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
Apply right now by calling Ben Atherton – International Recruitment Manager at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Service Engineering|