Site based in either Stoke or Knutsford (8:30am – 5pm Monday – Thursday & early finish on a Friday) with circa 1 day a week spent at the other site
Do you want to work for a global market leading manufacturer of innovative cosmetics, skincare and beauty products who partner with blue chip multinational retail clients to bring their products to life?
Our client is famous for creating truly amazing cosmetics and skincare products on a mass scale internationally. They are innovators who are passionate, ahead of the curve and we lead the way when it comes to trend-led formulations and insights!
You will have complete autonomy in this role to implement slick SOP’s, improve COSSH regulations and ultimately create a cohesive and successful formulation environment.
Do you have circa 10 years of experience managing colour cosmetics laboratories as a Laboratory Manager, Formulation Lab Manager, Cosmetic Laboratory Supervisor, Senior Formulation Scientist with expert formulation experience in the colour cosmetics/skincare sector?
The next step for you could be Head of Formulation, so if you said yes to the above, then this brand-new Senior Laboratory Manager – Colour Cosmetics & Skincare role could be perfect for you, continue reading and apply today!
The role of Senior Laboratory Manager – Colour Cosmetics & Skincare:
- Lead and manage a strong Laboratory team, across two on-site laboratories ensuring work is carried out to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards
- Work in collaboration with the NPD teams to design and develop multiple complex skincare, hair and colour cosmetic formulations and work with minimal assistance to meet briefs and Regulatory deadlines with a high level of accuracy
- Responsible for creating timelines to track & deliver the project on-time
- Ensure the team provides accurate costings, timings, and feedback to all relevant teams on projects and timelines
- Support customer queries where necessary and become a representative for the UK formulation teams both internally and externally
- Work closely with raw material vendors to identify emerging ingredient technologies and whitespaces for innovation and co-development
- Act as the internal formulation expert for all topical and personal care new development projects and reformulations
- Investigates and recommends new ingredients, product textures and NPD opportunities
- Able to balance strategic thinking around the business need with the aesthetic so that NPD fits into the strategic framework
- Maintain a keen awareness of global color industry trends and other market trends within the sector
- Create technical advancements and new frame formulations, prioritising those that fit in with market trends/benchmarks to strengthen and evolve the existing portfolio to contribute to the innovation pipeline and continually build our portfolio
- Liaise with the regulatory teams to ensure the correct testing is carried out according to the requirements of the UK and EU Cosmetic Regulations (Heavy Metals, Stability, Micro etc.)
- Ensure the labs have an effective data management and storage process to support product development and effective transfers into production.
- Provide scale-up support to the manufacturing team and work closely with the Technical Manager
- Lead, implement and improve the whole NPD process and aid in the maintenance and development of new effective ways of working
The requirements for the Senior Laboratory Manager – Colour Cosmetics & Skincare:
- Circa 10 years of experience as a Laboratory Manager, Formulation Lab Manager, Cosmetic Laboratory Supervisor, Senior Formulation Scientist or equivalent with expert formulation experience in the colour cosmetics/skincare sector
- Ideally you will have international experience with a great working knowledge of international cosmetic regulations
- Calm under-pressure and able to balance often conflicting priorities
- Graduate in a science-based discipline, ideally Cosmetic Science/Formulation or related area
- You must be an experienced people leader with a proven track record of developing results driven teams
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as working very closely with the Regulatory and Technical Team. This role requires a hands-on individual with a flexible approach and a willingness to get stuck in
- Highly Competitive & Negotiable
- Discretionary Bonus
- Bupa Private Healthcare
- Free Parking
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Day off for Birthday
- Mobile and Laptop
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org LangtonHowarth is the market leading FMCG recruitment company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Cosmetics, Laboratory|