Home based in either the Manchester/Northwest, Midlands, Oxfordshire, or Cambridgeshire areas with national travel
Do you want to work for a multinational market leading laboratory services provider who partners with top 5 global pharmaceutical organisations to enable their life saving scientific research and discovery?
Are you already an experienced Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry Field Service Engineer with experience servicing either or a mix of Waters and/or Agilent Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry equipment direct for the OEM or for an approved third-party service company such as KRSS, Jaytee or LC Services etc?
Do you have existing experience of, or are you excited about the opportunity to contribute to business growth and revenue generation by supporting the sale of service/maintenance contracts for Waters or Agilent Chromatography/Mass Spec systems?
If you said yes to the above, then this brand-new Senior Field Service Engineer – Chromatography & Mass Spectrometryrole could be perfect for you!
Our client has exciting plans to expand this brand-new UK field service team at pace, you will play an integral role in achieving this and in return will have the potential opportunity to move into a leadership role!
The requirements of the Senior Field Service Engineer – Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry:
- To be considered for this role you must already have 3+ years as a Field Service Engineer with experience servicing either or a mix of the following Waters & Agilent Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry equipment: Waters Alliance, Acquity, SQD/TQD or Agilent HPLC 1200, 1260, 1290
- Experience selling/promoting service/maintenance contracts for the above instruments is desirable or the ambition to do this in your next role
- Hold a relevant Engineering qualification (ONC, HNC, NVQ, City & Guilds) OR scientific degree (Biological or Chemistry based)
- Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
- PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
- Experience coordinating and scheduling workload to achieve results.
- Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
The role of the Senior Field Service Engineer – Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry:
- Perform advanced level, scheduled and unscheduled troubleshooting/services on specialty Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry equipment, instruments, and systems specific to the pharmaceutical research & development industry
- Possesses the in-depth technical knowledge required for performing complex, analytical service procedures, instrument qualifications, and calibration tasks
- Work with the sales team to support in the sale of service/maintenance contracts for Waters & Agilent Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry systems
- Develops methods and procedures pertaining to service and calibration of specialized instrumentation. Monitors instrument and part reliability; makes alternate service, supplier, and parts recommendations
- Organise work processes and leads project assignments for instrumentation/calibration staff to fulfill contractual obligations to the client.
- Reinstalls, tests, evaluates, calibrates, and maintains instruments or devices upon completion of repairs
- Documents daily records of inspections, maintenance activity, repairs, and other work performed within approved guidelines and procedures
- Communicates with customer staff and outside contractors in the calibration, repair, and operation of equipment, as necessary. Coordinates with outside contractors regarding repairs covered by maintenance agreements
Salary & Benefits:
- Base Salary Circa £40,000 – £60,000 (DOE)
- Company Car
- Laptop & Phone
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
We look forward to hearing from you!
|Job Category||Service Engineering|