Territory: Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield, York, Liverpool, M62 Corridor, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Merseyside
Your location: Greater Leeds Area, Greater Manchester Area
My client is a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products. They collaborate with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Utilise their unique expertise in numerous fields of science to include biochemistry and biology, they provide innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
To be considered for this role you could be a Life Sciences graduate, and an experienced salesperson in the life science industry looking to take your career to the next level.
Develop and execute a territory plan, provide the life science laboratories with a range of products and services for their needs including General Laboratory Wear, Cell Culture, Laboratory consumables, reagents & instruments tools for life science research
My client is known for quality, integrity and their products are highly competitive on price. My client develops and produces unique technologies aimed at simplifying customer laboratory processes that no other company can offer which will give you a competitive advantage.
- Life Sciences laboratory products they provide include general labware and equipment, as well as cell culture, culture media, laboratory reagents, tissue plastics, bioprocessing, genomics, drug discovery and microbiology
- World leader in the Scientific sector, they have been innovating and have built many life changing products for more than 150 years
Day-to-Day duties of the role:
- Develops and executes account plans that provide the customer(s) with a fully integrated set of product, process, service, and technical solutions which draw on the client total value proposition to meet specific business needs
- Maintains frequent contact with the customers (including distributors) to identify, build and strengthen the relationship, continually assess effectiveness in meeting the customer’s needs, and ultimately maximize account penetration and customer retention
- Develop and execute sales and marketing plans with distributor(s), manages and enhances relationship and conducts regular reviews to drive sales and become a trusted point of contact
- Continuously review and develop existing and new business opportunities to ensure total revenue and profitable growth.
- Use appropriate business reports and analyses to effectively develop and manage the business in their specified territory and segment. This includes but not limited to SFDC and Data Analytics and its reporting functionality to help review pipeline and accurately forecast.
- Proactively use and maintain company CRM to communicate with internal stakeholders and other functions for the management and success of the sales territory/segment
- Provide timely business reports and analyses as appropriate.
- Persuade and communicate key points and influence customers and distributors as appropriate
- Engage in collaboration and Coordinates cross-functional account services (e.g. Applications Group, Customer Experience, Supply Chain etc.) to lead the account and serve the customer with one, unified voice and to provide seamless support to achieve revenue targets.
- Maintain Life Sciences product and solution/applications knowledge and leverage this knowledge to recognize opportunities.
- Collects market, customer, and competitor intelligence and insights and shares this knowledge with others, as appropriate, to inform sales, marketing, and technical strategies as well as the demand forecast and sales planning processes
- Share opportunities to develop business in other Segments/ Market.
- Serves as an advocate for the customer by creating value for both parties and balancing the needs and constraints of both parties
- Adapt to changing needs of the segment and customers to maximize outcome for Client.
- Comply with Company procedures, policies and Corporate values
- BSc/BA or equivalent degree or experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in sales, and/or commercial roles Proven product and commercial knowledge, sales success and experience preferred.
- Ability to establish rapport, identify opportunities and influence a decision
- Strong problem solving ability
- Ability to influence and lead others
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Strong meeting planning skills
- Lead by example inspiring team members
- Negotiation skills and Business acumen
- Ability to target and prioritize key customers
- Understand internal and external customer relationship-building dynamics
- Personal Management: ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment with minimum supervision from a home-based office
- Microsoft Office Suite, advanced Excel, and Salesforce.com
- Travel requirements: up to 60% National and International once or twice a year
- Valid driver license and safe driving record
- Familiarity with Life sciences, products & applications selling through distribution
Salary and Benefits:
- £40,000 – £50,000 Dependant on experience
- 40% of base salary amazing bonus potential (depending on performance)
- Company Car, Laptop & Phone
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Matt Lawson (Business Development Manager) today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|