This full-time permanent role is Hybrid, working two days a week in our client’s Glasgow offices (Tuesdays and Thursdays) and three days a week from home (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays).
Do you want to work for a founder managed, high growth & pioneering company who offer market leading purchasing and supply chain management services which ultimately allow Biotech, CRO & Academic organisations to focus on discovering life changing scientific innovations?
Do you have a Biological or Chemistry degree (BSc, MSc, or PhD) with 2 or more years of experience working as a Scientist, Postdoc, Laboratory Manager, or similar role with exposure to different types of laboratory equipment?
Have you decided that it is the perfect time for you to move out of academia and into a fast-paced entrepreneurial role in industry with a company who has achieved very impressive 40% year on year growth for the last 3 years which is only set to continue, and they have rapidly increased in team size because of this!
If you have said yes to the above, then this exciting Scientific Procurement Lead role could be the perfect career move for you!
The responsibilities of the Scientific Procurement Lead – Life Sciences:
- Sourcing – You will be a key contact for new customers after they are setup on our client’s unique procurement platform
- This will include analysing their spend and purchasing patterns to ensure they are achieving maximum value for money, performing tactical sourcing and negotiations to ensure the best result for the customer
- You will monitor KPIs related to new customers throughout their first 3 months with Amici to drive team performance and ensure gold standard service
- Customer Projects – You will be responsible for supporting clients with bespoke sourcing projects tailored to their needs. These projects may involve savings opportunities identification and delivery, streamlining procurement through supplier consolidation, collating bill of materials data or GMP documentation for GMP customers
- You will be responsible for estimating the time/risk/effort related to each project and delegate where required
- Team management – Manage the workload of your team and be the point of escalation for issues
- Lead, coach and support the team to achieve annual business and personal goals
- Be a key member of the Technical Sourcing Operations Team and contribute to the development of the Operational Excellence Programme
- This includes, identifying areas of improvement, updating processes, training the team, writing procedures, and monitoring on-going effectiveness
- You will demonstrate effective stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence suppliers, customers, and internal stakeholders
The requirements of the Scientific Procurement Lead – Life Sciences:
- This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who currently works in a laboratory in either Academia, Biotech, CRO, Pharmaceutical or Medical Devices etc as an Operations Manager, Technical Services Manager, Laboratory Manager, Senior Scientist or Study Director who is commercially minded and motivated to move out of the laboratory into an exciting scientific procurement role
- You could also be working in a scientific sales role right now selling laboratory consumables and want to progress your career in the exciting field of scientific procurement!
- You will also be educated to a minimum BSc level in any life sciences/biological or chemistry subject
- Have a solution driven approach to daily operational issues and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate exceptional negotiation skills with suppliers, working towards balanced, highly commercial, and sustainable terms
- Understanding or experience of the procurement process for scientific equipment would be ideal but not essential
- Able to build close relationships with suppliers to gain commitment and ‘buy in’ with great communication and presentation skills
- Enjoys leading by example with a strong work ethic and resilient nature
- Thrives working with a flexible working approach and can work with your own initiative with a positive approach
- Hold a valid UK driving license and passport with full right to work in the UK without any restrictions or sponsorship requirements
Salary & Benefits:
- Base Salary Circa £35,000 – £45,000
- Annual profit-sharing scheme (between 9% – 19% of base salary)
- Private Pension (5% matched and rising to 8% after 5 years)
- Private Healthcare
- 3x base salary in life insurance
- Hybrid working and flexible hours
- 22 days holiday + 9 bank holidays
- Laptop & Phone
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Global Recruitment Manager at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0)113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have full right to work in the UK and a valid UK driver’s licence.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|