Scientific Equipment Coordinator
Base Salary Circa: £28,000 – £32,000 DOE + Pension + Life Insurance (Death in service) + 25 days holiday + Stats
The Requirements for the Scientific Equipment Coordinator:
- You will already have 2+ year’s experience in either a Laboratory Coordinator, Laboratory Project Officer, Laboratory Equipment Officer, Senior Laboratory Technician, Maintenance Technician role or similar in a laboratory environment
- Within your current role you will have existing hands on experience of troubleshooting, maintaining & calibrating scientific equipment and working closely with the Field Service/Onsite Engineers to diagnose technical issues
- Ideally you will hold an HNC/HND in a relevant engineering and/or BSc/ MSc in a science discipline and have worked in a Pharmaceutical / Regulated working background
- Strong relationship management and excellent communication & influencing skills
- You will utlise your strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach with a high customer focus
- PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint experience would be an advantage)
The role of Scientific Equipment Coordinator:
- Manage, organise and implement high-quality specialist engineering and coordination support to a wide range of laboratory equipment including the supporting tasks in the laboratory space to drive quality and efficiency for the client’s scientific staff
- Ensure prompt, flexible, customer focused equipment support whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory and engineering standards
- Plan & carry out engineering maintenance and commissioning work associated with scientific equipment and systems in a safe, cost effective manner to ensure minimum business disruption.
- Use technical knowledge to identify and source components and services.
- Manage the availability of essential spares to support the range of equipment and systems used within the laboratory facilities in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage and improve the service logging process and asset database
- Carry out regular asset sweeps (and potential for re-tagging of equipment)
- Create, manage and review supporting documentation e.g. service reports
- Support contract management process in the set-up, renewal and budget of contracts
- Monitor the performance of the scientific equipment and systems using Key Performance Indicators to instigate improvements and influence changes
- Build-up and maintain client relationships
- Attend client meetings to review on-going performance, areas for continual improvement
- My client is a leading Laboratory Services provider who partner with Top 5 Pharmaceutical organisations globally to support their business-critical laboratory operations
- This role is working with a top 5 global pharmaceutical organisation in a well-established, technologically advanced facility working with cutting edge laboratory equipment & robotics
- The role is on site so there are no shifts, no travelling involved, Monday to Friday and you will be home every night!
- Excellent opportunities to progress internally within the business, and work within a high performing team – you are truly making a difference and massive impact not only to the business but the world by working with these life changing products
- The services they provide ultimately allow scientists and researchers to spend more time on what really matters – advancing scientific research!
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for the Scientific Equipment Coordinator role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.