Regional Sourcing Leader – Laboratory Services
Salary: Starting base salary of £70,000 + Excellent bonus + Car Allowance + Private Healthcare + Pension + death in service + long term illness cover + 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Your Location: Currently living in the UK, ideally in the North West UK (Manchester, Liverpool etc.) OR Golden Triangle (London, Oxford, Cambridge areas) – flexibility for the right candidate
Do you currently hold the title and responsibility of Senior Procurement Manager, Procurement Director, Head of Procurement, Senior Category Manager or similar?
Do you have experience of managing dynamic and diverse procurement teams?
Do you specialize in high value, complex & highly regulated European procurement projects in the Life Sciences, Biotech, Pharma, Laboratory Services, Clinical Trials, Drug Discovery, Healthcare or related field?
Are you tenacious, passionate, ambitious and results driven?
If you answered yes to the above, then this may be the ideal role for you…
The Requirements of the Regional Sourcing Leader
- To be considered for the Regional Sourcing Leader role you must be an experienced procurement professional (5 -10 years minimum) with knowledge of sourcing and supply chain management
- Extensive experience working in the manufacturing industry and managing service categories such as Facilities Management or Engineering in either the Pharmaceutical, Clinical Trials, CRO, Laboratory Services, Medical Devices, Healthcare or directly related sector
- You could be involved in procuring services currently or previously for organisations such as Novartis, Pfizer, Roche, GSK, Covance, Reckitt Benckiser, Imperial College London, UCL or Cambridge University
- You must have experience working in a compliance led and highly regulated industry
- Experience managing diverse procurement teams across different regions and time zones
- You must have flexibility to travel extensively both within the UK and to client sites internationally in Sweden & Belgium as well as other EU countries
- This is a customer facing and commercially focused sourcing position, the successful candidate must be able to positively influence and work with senior level stakeholders
- Ability to challenge current methods of working and offer value added recommendations to optimize and improve different business processes
- Able to influence and manage senior level stakeholders in high pressure situations to achieve mutually beneficial goals
- Bachelor’s Degree – Business Administration/Procurement or Technical, MBA Preferred
- Contract law knowledge and working experience of supplier T&Cs
- Negotiating supplier contracts including complex service agreements
- Supplier rationalization, Development & Measurement
- Procurement Plans, Forecasting and Strategies
- E-procurement experience preferable
- MCIPS, CPM, CPSM or equivalent professional qualification
- Managing facilities management categories
- Preferred Supplier Programmes Exposure
- Business Reporting Experience
The role of the Regional Sourcing Leader:
- As the Regional Sourcing Leader, you will lead the Regional Procurement (Supply Chain Solutions) organisation, within an international, highly regulated and complex environment
- Manage an extensive range of services across the Laboratory Services divisions / industries on behalf of enterprise client accounts within specified geography
- Manage the Regional Supply Chain Solutions team of 10 which consists of Sourcing / Contract Managers, Contract Support, Lead Sourcing Specialists, Vendor Optimization Leads, Sourcing Specialists, Buyers, Program / Projects Coordinators & interns
- Work in collaboration with Category Management / Supplier Quality Development, EMEA (Supply Chain Solutions) & Global Procurement organisation to define, develop & implement regional Supply Chain Management programs, guaranteeing; Delivery of the Divisional Leadership & client contractual obligations for Procurement
- Own all aspects of Supply Chain Solutions at regional level, ensuring supplier relationship management, consistent delivery & implementation of all Procurement initiatives
- As the EMEA Supply Chain Solutions lead, you will provide key contributions in strategy development for regional, category management, supplier development & business development
- Deliver policy adherence and implementation of innovation, continuous improvement, best business practice tools
- Produce and maintain reporting both internally and to clients to fulfill the business requirements
- Guarantee availability of the requisite internal and external suppliers for current and future business needs, as well as their development and supply in terms of quality, promptness and economical cost for meeting Gross Margin objectives and specific customers’ demands
- Be the main point of Supply Chain contact and coordination for business pursuits and transitions of business
- Undertake analytics, review and selection of Preferred Suppliers; including the negotiation of subsequent agreement(s)
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the EU.