Location: Cambridgeshire – you must locally to the CB postcode area to be considered
Hybrid working with circa 2 days per week working from our client’s collaborative offices so you must live in a commutable distance to Cambridge to be considered.
Do you want to work for one of the largest and most successful UK based distributors of a wide range of high-quality laboratory equipment, consumables and chemicals which are used by high profile companies such as GSK & Astra Zeneca to advance scientific discoveries?
Do you have circa 6-12 months experience in any type of laboratory role with experience working with a range or laboratory equipment/consumables and want to progress your career outside of the laboratory in a client facing role in the life sciences sector?
If you said yes to the above and live in the Cambridge area with access to your own car to commute to our client’s offices, then this role could be perfect for you!
The responsibilities of the Product & Technical Support Specialist – Life Sciences:
- Provide Technical Support by email, telephone, and webchat, to customers and colleagues
- Create, maintain, and update the content on the clients blog site as a resource of technical queries and answers to common queries and application questions
- Administer product entry and/or product changes on the companies websites
- Provide accurate quotations and respond to UK, European and Overseas customer enquiries in a helpful, timely and professional manner
- Product uploads to 3rd part websites and portals such as Amazon and Science Warehouse
- Liaise with suppliers for technical information, data sheets, pricing, Material safety Data sheets and Certificates of analysis, etc. Attend suppliers training course to increase product knowledge
- Laboratory testing evaluations to study new and innovative products and compare existing products
- Report writing on laboratory studies on product evaluations and product comparisons.
- App and website testing and reporting of errors bugs to software developer
- Complete and maintain accurate records
The requirements of the Product & Technical Support Specialist – Life Sciences:
- Circa 6-12 months years experience in any laboratory based role as a Chemist, Analyst, Microbiologist, Scientist or Laboratory Technician with the hunger to move out of the laboratory into an exciting customer focused Product & Technical Support role in the life sciences sector
- Educated to degree level in any type of life science or chemistry subject e.g., Biochemisty, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Science, Pharmaceutical Science, Chemical Science, Analytical or Organic Chemisty etc
- Good verbal communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
- Natually you will have an excellent telephone manner and be a great problem solver
- Full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle as my client’s offices is required
Salary and Benefits
- £22,000 – £26,000 (DOE)
- Lucrative Profit Share Scheme
- Flexible Hybrid Working
- Up to 6% Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Medicash Scheme
- 26 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Buy or Sell 5 Holidays
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We look forward to hearing from you!
|Job Category||Product & Technical Support|