Location: Cambridge, UK (Office based position) – Hybrid office/home working programme, enabling the team to work from home but also come into their gorgeous offices 1-2 times per week. It’s completely flexible and arranged directly with the line manager upon starting
Our client is a Specialist Life Sciences Marketing Agency who have a passion for how science can continue to improve the world around us, and secondly, how they can play their part by connecting life science professionals with the people, tools and technologies they need.
Examples of industry sectors they currently work in: Life Sciences / Biotechnology, Drug Discovery, Contract / Laboratory Research, Life Sciences Informatics/ LIMS, Laboratory / Clinical Diagnostics and Biopharma
The Requirements of the PR Manager:
- In order to be considered for this position you must have previous PR (public relations) experience working either inhouse or for a Marketing Agency (minimum of 5 years+) specifically in the fields of Life Sciences / Biosciences/ Biotechnology or Laboratory Equipment / Lab Consumables or a related field as the most important thing is PR experience
- Must be living in a commutable distance to Cambridge
- Our client would be looking for someone with good personal values and with a mindset such as: doing a great job and getting things done, being a modest expert, living to learn from your mistakes, a true analytical thinker and always thinking of the team first
- The role of the PR Manager will be to operate within the agency team under the guidance of a PR Director, working with account management colleagues across a number of different client accounts in the Life Sciences / Biotech, Pharma, Drug Discovery, Biochemistry / Chromatography, Laboratory Software / Informatics / LIMS as well as other closely related industries, delivering against their PR-specific needs, as required.
- Implementation of plans and projects across PR-focused accounts.
- Development of high quality, engaging and creative PR content, such as news stories, trade articles, and case studies, on-time and on-budget, in conjunction with our account management and content/science writing team as appropriate.
- Proactively seek to build and maintain media relationships.
- Write press releases and product award submissions.
- Pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering their clients’ stories.
- Respond to phone calls and emails from journalists.
- Arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for clients’ spokespeople – in person or over the phone – and facilitate these meetings where appropriate.
- Monitor media coverage and report results to the wider team and clients.
- Attend client events and industry conferences.
- Deliver analytics reports on social media, reporting on traffic, engagement and follower figures.
- Brainstorm fresh ideas for PR campaigns and bring new ideas to the agency and our clients.
- Negotiable Basic Salary (depending on experience)
- Income, Life Insurance and Illness Protection
- Employee Assistance Programme, Perkbox and Physical as well as Mental Health Programmes (which includes free weekly Yoga classes and other activities) and Team Events
- 25 Days Holiday + bank holidays
- Personal and Business Bonuses – if the business is doing well, they want to share this with the team
- Long service awards (starting from 1 year) and great onsite facilities
- Pension scheme and annual professional financial advice available to all employees, as well as paid days for further studying / developing your knowledge
Apply right now by calling Ben Atherton – International Recruitment Manager at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|