Pipette Service Technician – Oxford
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + 20 Days Holiday + 8 Days Bank holiday + 3 days to be taken at Christmas + Pension Scheme + Private Healthcare + Expenses Paid Monthly + Childcare Vouchers + Company Car
Field Based: Oxford
- Dexterity, some pipette parts can be very small, precision is paramount in calibration of pipettes i.e. repeat dispensing of small volumes
- Good telephone manner, excellent time management and organisation needed.
- Ability to work alone or as a part of a team as needed
- Elementary to intermediate PC, Data Accuracy and software skills
- You will be educated with an HNC, HND or a minimum of a BSc in a Life Sciences/Chemistry discipline or an ONC/HNC in an engineering discipline
- To service and calibrate pipettes on customer sites
- You are required to assist in the laboratory and assist in other areas of the company as dictated by business needs
- This work is process driven and can be repetitive although different models require variations in practices. These pipetting instruments are used in many different environments and are crucial to the workflow of customers
- Pipette service and calibration. Primarily the service and calibration of pipettes and on site at customers laboratories and at KPS lab when required
- Raise Service calls for the company’s bespoke software. Checking the pipettes with serial numbers, level or calibration required etc
- Add specifications for new models onto the system (training will be provided)
- Calibration of pipettes using analytical balances to weigh water and convert to volume (linked to computer). Precision required for very small volumes of 0.1ul. Max volume is 100ml
- Calibration of balances weekly
- Follow operations procedures in accordance with the UKAS accreditation of the KPS Lab
- Label calibrated pipettes
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with key account contacts
- Continually review work practices and make recommendations to the Pipette Service Manager to increase the efficiency of current operations and customer satisfaction.
- Exceed customer expectations through excellent CRM
- Travel to customer sites is a requirement and a company car will be provided. Hotel accommodation provided when necessary
The Company and Opportunity:
- My client is amongst the industry leaders in the supply and service of chromatography equipment and consumables used extensively in the Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Biotechnology industries as well as Academia. They offer clients an unrivalled service choice on GC, LC, GCMS, CTC, Dissolution and online SPE products
- The successful candidate will work within a team that supports their contracts across the UK and the company offer an exciting opportunity to enter this specialised field and join their market leading team of engineers. They are an extremely entrepreneurial organisation where everyone’s opinion matters, each individual’s impact is valued, and you have immediate access/ support from Director Level
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
To apply for this role, you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred b