Pipeline Support Specialist – Life Sciences – Cambridge
Salary: £22,000 – £28,000 DOE + Bonus + Up to 6% Pension Scheme + Private Medical Cover + Medicash Scheme + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Buy or Sell 5 Holidays + Cycle to Work Scheme + Profit Share Scheme + Shares
Location: Office based in Over, Cambridge
The requirements of the Pipeline Support Specialist:
- To be successful in the role of Pipeline Support Specialist you will have a Life Sciences or Analytical/ Chemistry degree – e.g. Biology, Environmental Science, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Biochemistry
- Other qualifications or previous experience which meets the specification of the job description would be an advantage i.e. knowledge of: SAP Business One, dangerous goods shipping, sales order and quotation experience, purchasing experience, administration experience, freight, export, customer services, customer support, sales administrator position in a B2B environment
- A team player who is driven by providing efficient operations and thrives on change and constantly striving to improve things around them
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- As the Pipeline Support Specialist will hold a full UK driving licence as my client’s offices are unreachable by public transport
The role of the Pipeline Support Specialist:
To support UK Sales management and growth of sales through ‘Opportunity’ pipeline management, key customer management, lead generation and qualification. To maintain a close working relationship with the field sales and customer support teams to deliver a superb customer experience to deliver increased sales performance and new opportunities.
- To follow up, develop and close an agreed list of open sales and service contract opportunities resulting in increased sales turnover and service.
• Lead qualification activities, ensuring all leads are followed up within 1 working day and then qualified within a period acceptable to the customer or supplier.
- Through regular contact, maintain a commercial relationship with a list of key accounts as designated in order to maintain and develop the sales and identify new business opportunities.
- When required work on an agreed list of declining accounts to identify opportunities to recover the lost business and recording all reasons why business was lost.
- As part of the role you will utilise relevant company data to generate new or regain lost business.
- To work with both sales and marketing to support specific promotional campaigns and key products.
- To be involved with any specific projects required by the business requiring telephone contact with customers.
- Respond to and deal with all customer communication in a timely and efficient manner and build up a good rapport with the customer.
- Complete all customer records accurately and within company policy.
- Other tasks as determined by the company.
- Maintenance of service contract renewal and lost business.
My Client & Opportunity:
- My client is one of the market leading manufacturers and distributors within the life sciences industry who have an exciting and innovative product portfolio of laboratory products, instrumentation and consumables that are outsourced to the end users in the; Academia, R&D, Bio Tech & Industrial sectors. They have built an outstanding reputation over the last 60 years and they have secured the trust of over 600 manufacturers to be the face for the sale of their products
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to make their first step into a customer driven scientific position, with opportunities to progress in the future within the company in a variety of other roles
Apply today by sending your word CV to Ben Atherton of Langton Howarth Ltd via email to email@example.com or call Ben in confidence right now for more information on 0113 243 3499.
To be considered you must have full right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.