Location: Carlow, Ireland
Operating in multiple countries on a global scale my client is an industry leading 360-degree laboratory services provided for major multinationals in the Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences sector. Key examples of these services include Sourcing & Multi-vender management, Data Advisory, Programme Management and Innovation & Customer Engagement
This site you will be working on is focused on immuno-oncology treatment for the global market and is a state-of-the-art vaccines and biologics facility. Employing over 400 staff, they have invested heavily in the site and are continuing to grow every month!
Day-to-Day duties of the role:
- The Operations Lead Technician Maintenance is accountable for the smooth execution of all appropriate functions associated with reliable maintenance of site operations and support systems (Freezers/ Refrigeration and Stability Chambers)
- Managing a team of approx 10-12 Engineers/ Technicians, Planners and Schedulers
- Contribute to the High-Performance culture within the integrated facilities management function by providing a flexible, accurate service to enable the team to achieve key deliverables
- Work Collaboratively within the Equipment Operations Pod to ensure maximum availability of Utilities / Facilities systems across the facility, including critical processes like the Clean Wet Utility / Electrical and Instrumentation / HVAC and Refrigeration
- Resolve issues and escalate risks in a timely fashion to the relevant on-site stakeholders
- To plan the repair of equipment, machinery, plant etc. effectively and efficiently to minimize system downtime
- Jointly lead (alongside the client) the site EPR (Equipment Performance Review) programs within the Equipment Operations Pod and area of responsibility
- Assist the site PMO programs within area responsibility
- Support small projects execution to improve system performance and reliability
- Onboard new equipment as per site procedures
- CMMS, SAP management, Planned, corrective and predictive maintenance, utilising best in class technologies
- Ontime closure of routine and corrective work orders
- Support Analyzing monthly performance – i.e. schedule adherence, downtime, rationalising preventative maintenance plans
- Follow systematic root cause problem solving and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Liaise with vendors/Suppliers to organise Service Level Agreements, and management of associated maintenance contracts
- Ideally you will have 2-3 + years of experience working as a Senior Technician, Maintenance Engineering Team Leader/ Manager, Planner or Scheduler Supervisor with good experience in Refrigeration, Cold Storage / Freezers in a highly regulated setting (for example Pharma, Food, HVAC or closely related)
- Must be personnel handling fluorinated greenhouse gases (F-gases) qualified
- You could have knowledge of the following systems: Refrigeration systems, Steam boilers, heating hot water boilers, Chilled Water, Purified water, pre-treatment systems, Reverse osmosis, Quality critical HVAC systems, Compressed Air, chillers, cooling towers, sanitary hot water, vacuum pumps, Crac units, sprinkler systems, waste systems, working knowledge of pumps and motor – GxP/ GMP working environment a big advantage
- You will be qualified in an engineering, City & Guilds, Apprenticeship, HND/ HNC or similar qualification
- SAP, or other similar systems experience would be an advantage
- Currently you will be based in a commutable distance to Carlow, Ireland
- Basic Salary – Negotiable (depending on experience)
- Full Blue-Chip Company Benefits
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Ben Atherton today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in Ireland to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive €100 euros (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|