Location: Remote based in Pennsylvania with National & International travel as required
My client is a Forbes listed global service provider to the largest and most successful blue-chip companies across the Life Sciences, Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical sectors!
Key examples of these services include Sourcing & Multi-vender Asset Management, Data Advisory, Programme Management, and Innovation & Customer Engagement.
These bespoke services enable their customers to focus on what really matters to them which is often live saving scientific research & discovery.
The role of Operations Director:
- Set account/operational priorities and performance expectations for the account(s)
- Build a team of strong Site Leaders within the division. Drive team performance plans, corrective action, reviews, and award recommendations
- Develop, implement, and monitor short- and long-range Operations Plans and budgets for the group accounts. Ensure key metrics are defined and achieved in support of the account strategy and targets, including financial growth, EFM Platform Divisional actions, customer satisfaction and operational/service excellence goals
- Drive operational excellence (Continuity/Compliance) within the account(s)
- Drive achievement of glide path targets with no delivery disruptions
- Leverage the EFM Platform functional areas and subject matter experts where applicable, including Engineering, Critical Environments, Health, Safety & Environmental, Strategic Sourcing, Lean Sig Sigma and Energy Services, to drive best practices and processes within the accounts. Continuously improve the quality/cost/performance of the service delivery within the region
- Review site leader staffing levels, staff performance, succession planning, training, and recruitment to ensure that the company attracts and retains the best local talent. Ensure client account objectives are driven through the account management model and that talent is grown in the business
- Address, resolve and sponsor critical account and client relations issues. Builds a strong relationship with local customers/clients
The requirements of the Operations Director:
- You will already have a minimum of 5 to 10 years of operational leadership experience in developing and delivering complex facilities management outsourced solutions to multi-national corporate clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Life Sciences or Medical Devices sectors
- Ideally you will be working as a multi-site Operations Director/Senior Operations Leader/Head of Operational Excellence or equivalent job title for a similar laboratory services provider such as Agilent CrossLab, Sodexo, PerkinElmer OneSource, or Thermo Fisher Unity Lab Services
- You may also be performing a very similar multi-site Operations Director style role for a pharmaceutical company
- It is important that you have proven experience of managing the operational performance & success of multidisciplined teams across multiple sites
- Experience & awareness of one or more GxP environment (GLP, GMP, GDP, GCP etc)
- Highly customer focused, with good Customer Relationship Management experience
- Educated to degree level in either a Life Science, Chemistry or Engineering related qualification
- Enthusiastic and confident professional with excellent ability to set deliverables, lead people through influence, demonstrate organizational and leadership skills
- Evidence of successfully leading from the front
- Able to solve advanced problems and effectively deal with a variety of options in complex situations
- Skilled communicator in large groups and one-on-one
- Full drivers licence and valid passport with the flexibility to travel both Nationally & Internationally as required
- Base Salary Circa: $100,000 – $130,000 USD (DOE)
- 15% Target Bonus
- Life Insurance (Death in Service)
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Annual Holidays + Statutory Public Holidays
For more information about the role or to apply please send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have full right to work in the USA to be considered.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for this role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|