Territory: UK & Ireland (home-based position)
My client is a fast-growing & high energy organisation in the molecular diagnostics arena who specialise in premium technology (instrumentation) to purify DNA / RNA from various materials. In addition, they are also supporting the Covid 19 national effort by supplying Covid 19 rapid testing / test kits, lateral tests, point-of-care and high grade medical masks.
New product innovation is at the core of what they do to ensure that they continuously meet and exceed the ever-changing demands of the market. They have successfully grown from 3 people to 80 employees and will at least double again in size and value internationally in the next twelve months – this is a brand-new opportunity to spearhead the sales growth in the UK in what is a very exciting time for the company!
Day-to-Day duties of the role:
- Grow sales for the full Covid range including Masks, Test Kits/ Lateral Tests and Point-Of-Care, but also the SNP DNA Tests, single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) genotyping, DNA extraction technology (instruments and consumables) which could be to multiple industries/ customers for example major corporates, health authorities, facilities management companies, events management, music/sporting events and festivals, hospitality chains and even airports, universities/ colleges
- This is a home-based position, and you could be based anywhere in England, and the territory includes the UK & Ireland
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with customers
- Help customers and undertaking sales through email, phone, virtual meetings such as Teams/ Zoom video calls, online presentations, screen-share and in person meetings
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of the solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Forecast and track key account metrics, keeping the CRM system updated
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations
- Enhance department and organisations reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Overseeing customer account management, including negotiating contracts and agreements to maximise profit
- Collaborating with internal departments to facilitate client need fulfillment
- Must have a minimum of 4-5 years+ selling consumables, reagents, or equipment in the genomics field, for example DNA Extraction Kits, genetics consumables, genomics capital equipment, PCR Testing, Hydro Cyclers, Pure Pep Kits, TTRs or similar products.
- You will hold a minimum of a BSc degree in a scientific related subject, preferably related directly to Genomics/ DNA/ RNA Extraction, as MSc or further would be desirable
- Full UK driving licence
- Circa £50,000 – £70,000 Base Salary DOE
- 40% Uncapped Commission Scheme
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- Life Insurance
- BUPA Health (For self)
- 25 Days Holiday + Stats
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Oliver Gill – Global Recruitment Manager today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 GBP (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|