Materials Management Coordinator – Life Sciences & Chemistry
Basic Salary: + Bonus (5% of basic salary) + 25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays + 1 Day for your Birthday + Pension + Healthcare Scheme + Childcare Vouchers + Buy or sell up to 5 extra holidays
The Requirements of the Materials Management Coordinator:
- To be considered for the Materials Management Coordinator role you will have 2+ years’ work experience in a Scientific Stores environment or relatable sector
- Experience working to IATA/ADR/IMDG
- Able to partner with other teams and suppliers and deliver results in a matrix environment, managing multiple internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Able to adapt emerging best practices and industry innovations
- Outstanding communication skills on all levels and problem-solving capabilities
- An understanding of how the team interacts internally and externally within the organisation and how they contribute to the objectives of the business
- Proven excellent customer service focus and ability to work collaboratively
- Proficient in data capture, analysis and reporting utilising various IT systems
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Laboratory Standards
- Project management skills, ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis
- High level of commitment to the success of individuals and overall projects and service provision
The role of the Materials Management Coordinator:
- Receive, pack, prepare and ship R&D samples (biological, chemical, radioactive,dangerous goods etc) globally ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and transport regulations (air/road/sea)
- Dispatch goods ensuring all relevant documentation is correct and meets GLP, GxP and Health and Safety standards
- Resolve or escalate complex queries from the customer in particular relating to internal and external delivery
- Maintain building security standards at all times in line with DfT requirements
- Participate in the preparation for regulatory inspections as needed. Escort regulatory inspectors on audits/tours of the dispatch facility and provide documents and explanation concerning the processes
- Ensure that materials with special handling, storage or distribution requirements (such as hazardous shipments and temperature sensitive material) are properly monitored
- Archiving of documentation
- My client is a market leading global laboratory supplies company with worldwide sales of over $3.5 billion US dollars, over 8,500 employees in over 25 different countries
- This opportunity is to be part of my client’s scientific services division which is dedicated to providing onsite services to top 5 pharmaceutical companies. These services range from inventory management solutions, equipment & instrument services, procurement and sourcing and many more!
Apply today by sending your CV to Oliver Gill of Langton Howarth Ltd via email to email@example.com or call Oliver in confidence right now for more information on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.