Location: Carlow, Ireland
Operating in multiple countries on a global scale my client is an industry leading 360-degree laboratory services provided for major multinationals in the Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences sector. Key examples of these services include Sourcing & Multi-vender management, Data Advisory, Programme Management and Innovation & Customer Engagement
This site you will be working on is focused on immuno-oncology treatment for the global market and is a state-of-the-art vaccines and biologics facility. Employing over 400 staff, they have invested heavily in the site and are continuing to grow every month!
Day-to-Day duties of the role:
- The main purpose of the role is to provide a support service to the site as part of the maintenance team specialising in refrigeration work. To ensure maintenance and repairs are carried out in compliance to relevant standard operating procedure, work routines and onsite training and GxP requirements where necessary
- Responding to emergency breakdowns across the site where an Engineering Technician is required
- Monitor and respond to QBMS and BMS alarms, DeltaV
- To repair equipment, machinery, plant etc. as quickly and safely as possible while adhering to all safety systems
- Carry out work orders generated through the CMMS system (non-urgent work jobs required by others on site) to meet service level agreements
- Liaise as needed with the client to determine mechanical requirements and to repair or offer alternative solution, good fault-finding skills
- Assist with the ordering of supplies as needed for work and projects
- To carry out routine planned, corrective and predictive maintenance tasks
- Ensure documentation of maintenance activities is to cGMP standards where necessary
- To be flexible and assist the IFM functional lead and lead technicians in any maintenance activities, available to work overtime on request, shift position
- Ideally you will have 2-3 + years of experience working as a Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Planner or Scheduler with good experience in Refrigeration, Cold Storage / Freezers in a highly regulated setting (for example Pharma, Food, HVAC or closely related)
- Must be personnel handling fluorinated greenhouse gases (F-gases) qualified
- You could have knowledge of the following systems: Refrigeration systems, Steam boilers, heating hot water boilers, Chilled Water, Purified water, pre-treatment systems, Reverse osmosis, Quality critical HVAC systems, Compressed Air, chillers, cooling towers, sanitary hot water, vacuum pumps, Crac units, sprinkler systems, waste systems, working knowledge of pumps and motor – GxP/ GMP working environment a big advantage
- You will be qualified in an engineering, City & Guilds, Apprenticeship, HND/ HNC or similar qualification
- SAP, or other similar systems experience would be an advantage
- Currently you will be based in a commutable distance to Carlow, Ireland
- Basic Salary – Negotiable (depending on experience)
- Full Blue-Chip Company Benefits
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Ben Atherton today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in Ireland to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive €100 euros (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|