Location: Office based in the Reading area with Global travel when required
Are you already a field based or inside sales professional selling laboratory equipment and/or consumables/services?
Are you looking for the best of both worlds in a fast-paced office-based scientific sales role with the ability to travel internationally to build strong customer relationships ?
Do you want to work for a highly respected and well-known supplier of highly innovative laboratory equipment & consumables?
If you answered YES to the above, then this role could be perfect for you!
My client has proudly supported scientific research & discoveries for over two decades by supplying high quality scientific equipment, laboratory consumables, and service solutions to all sectors within the scientific industry.
With the ability to source thousands of different products internationally at lightning speeds they can offer unrivalled customer service & satisfaction and at the same maximise their customers productivity and success!
The requirements of the Life Science Export Sales Executive:
- Educated to degree level in a Biological or Chemistry based subject such as Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Analytical Chemistry, Biomedical Science, Biological Science, Immunology, Biochemistry or equivalent
- Preferably you will already have at least 1 year of experience in either a field-based sales or internal sales role selling laboratory equipment or consumables to the life sciences sector
- Ideally you will also have experience in an export sales and/or channel management/distributor sales environment in the scientific industry
- A full UK driving license is required as well as a valid UK passport to travel Internationally when required
- As our client is very agile in their processes and decision making, they therefore require individuals who enjoy working autonomously and with lots of initiative
- Good IT skills – this includes the MS Office family as well as CRM systems
The responsibilities of the Life Science Export Sales Executive:
- Manage existing export worldwide sales & customer relationships to generate business to meet company and personal goals
- Contacting existing and prospective customers by correspondence and phone providing a proactive service to secure business on a monthly and annual basis
- Preparing sales forecasts to assist the management team when setting annual growth targets and KPI’s
- Proactively identifying new opportunities and ensure visible tracking of prospect progress to effectively close business in a timely manner
- Provide transparent internal feedback concerning market trends and competitor activity as appropriate
- Continuous prospecting to identify and develop commercial relationships with existing and prospective customers to build a pipeline and develop existing accounts and secure new business to meet sales and margin targets
- Ensure complete traceability of any issued quotations, sample requests, literature requests and complaints in conjunction with customer service
- Effective use of the CRM tool and ensure accurate recording of activity to give better visibility to the business which will ensure seamless cover in the event of an absence
- Respond within 48 hours to sales leads by telephone and followed up by e-mail
- In the future organise field activity to ensure efficient and structured appointments with a consideration for time and cost whilst accepting that travel and overnight stays may be necessary
- Attend exhibitions as required that will involve overnight stays, either in the UK or overseas
- Acquiring and maintaining product knowledge to maximise customer relations
- Base Salary Circa: £20,000 – £35,000 (DOE)
- Lucrative Bonus Plan
- Company pension scheme (2% employer contribution)
- 21 days holiday, with an extra day for every year completed, up to max 25 days
- Additional ad-hoc incentives (e.g., Amazon vouchers, meals out, trips overseas to visit manufacturers and suppliers)
- Subsidised health cover
- Mobile phone
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Global Recruitment Manager at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to email@example.com Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|