Location: Site based in Oxford (Full time permanent role)
Do you want to work for a global market leading laboratory & scientific services provider who partner with top 10 global pharmaceutical organisations to enable their life saving scientific research and discovery?
This is a brand new role created due to growth and will involve you providing critical support to ensure that everything runs smoothly and seamlessly within the state of the art laboratories and office space areas!
If you have 2+ years experience of supporting the day to operational running of laboratories in a Life Science, Biotech, Pharma, Research environment then this brand new role could be perfect for you!
The requirements of the Laboratory Support Associate role:
- You will have a proven track record of successfully managing laboratory based services in Life Sciences/Biotech/Pharma/Research environments as a Laboratory Services Coordinator, Laboratory Services Associate, Scientist, Laboratory Technician or similar role
- Fluency with EH&S compliance and crisis management practices (an EH&S qualification such as NEBOSH would be desirable)
- A team player who understands the value of cooperative and collaborative work environment
- A professional demeanor and effective communicator at all levels
- Solutions focused mindset with strong problem-solving skills
The Laboratory Support Associate role supports laboratory operations and office services to include;
- Conducting regular lab walkthroughs, identifying safety, security, operational inefficiencies, and other area of improvements
- Managing inventory in all on-site storage rooms (including lab equipment/supplies, lab casework, office furniture and supplies)
- General lab tasks to support the daily lab functions
- Lab Porterage
- Facilitate waste management
- Cleaning of lab equipment
- Vendor Managed Inventory & Consumables stock control
- Glass wash, Lab autoclave and sterilisation operations under direction of client processes
Health, Safety & Compliance
- Coordination with security for access control, cctv and adherence to company security requirements
- Compliance with company compliance policies, health and safety campaigns and audits
- Creating and reviewing risk assessments, reviewing, and updating COSHH documents relating to our client’s laboratory services
- Provide support for move to new office and lab space
- Other associated tasks as directed by line management
Salary & Benefits:
- Base Salary Circa £30,000 – £39,000 (DOE)
- Laptop & Phone
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org AND call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK and a valid driver’s licence.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for Laboratory Equipment Engineer role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.