Location: Site based in Sandwich, Kent (Full time permanent role)
Our client is a market leading laboratory services provider who partner with Top 10 Pharmaceutical organisations globally to support their business-critical laboratory operations and crucially help facilitate advancements in scientific discovery and healthcare!
These specialist services span multiple exciting areas such as Asset Management, Laboratory Design, Instrument Service, Repair & Calibration, Data Advisory, Procurement & much more!
This is an amazing opportunity to make a true difference to healthcare on a global scale and advance your career today in a cutting-edge scientific environment with excellent long term progression opportunities!
If this sounds like the perfect role for you and you already have hands on experience of servicing and maintaining laboratory equipment in either a Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Clinical or Academic environment then please get in touch today!
The requirements of the Laboratory Equipment Engineer:
- To be considered for the role of Laboratory Equipment Engineer you will already have 2+ years’ experience as either a Field Based or Inhouse/Site Based Service Engineer for a Laboratory Supplies, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, CRO organisation or similar
- The ideal candidate will have experience servicing a range of bench top laboratory equipment such as Centrifuges, HPLC, Autoclaves, Balances, Water Baths, Shakers, Stirrers, Laboratory Ovens and similar
- If you are not a scientific engineer currently you could be working in a Laboratory based role where you have gained experience of performing first line troubleshooting and routine breakdown support for the equipment mentioned above
- Hold a relevant Engineering qualification (ONC, HNC, NVQ, City & Guilds) OR scientific degree (Biological or Chemistry based)
- Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
- PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Strong relationship management and excellent communication skills/influencing skills
- Experience coordinating and scheduling workload to achieve results.
- Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
The role of Laboratory Equipment Engineer:
- As the dedicated onsite Laboratory Equipment Engineer, you will ensure prompt, flexible, customer focused specialist engineering and equipment triage support whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory and standards
- This role heavily involves documentation both with the visiting engineers and logging information on the SAP system as you will be working in a GXP & ISO environment with regulated pharmaceutical equipment
- Plan & carry out engineering maintenance and commissioning work associated with scientific equipment and systems in a safe, cost-effective manner to ensure minimum business disruption
- Diagnose faults on complex equipment and systems to produce a satisfactory solution
- Create, manage and review supporting documentation e.g., service reports
- Support users in the preparation/design of operating procedures, SOPs, Change Control and the deviation, manuals, and drawings
- Attend client meetings to review on-going performance, areas for continual improvement and opportunities for business growth
- Build-up and maintain client relationships
- Manage and improve the client service logging process and asset maintenance systems
- Schedule and host 3rd party engineering site visits, ensuring QHSE compliance
- Use technical knowledge to identify and source components and services
- Manage the availability of essential spares to support the range of equipment and systems used within the R&D facilities in a cost-effective manner
- Support contract management in the set-up, renewal, and budget of contracts
- Monitor the performance of the scientific equipment and systems using Key Performance Indicators to instigate improvements and influence changes
- Act as an ambassador, ensuring a first-class service is always delivered
Salary & Benefits:
- Base Salary Circa £30,000 – £37,000 (DOE)
- Laptop & Phone
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com AND call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for Laboratory Equipment Engineer role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Laboratory Equipment Maintenance Planner, Service Engineering|