Operating in multiple countries on a global scale my client is an industry leading 360-degree laboratory services provided for major multinationals in the Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences sector. Key examples of these services include: Sourcing & Multi-vender management, Data Advisory, Programme Management and Innovation & Customer Engagement
Day-to-Day duties of the role:
- Based on site in Mölndal, Sweden you will manage, organise and implement high-quality specialist engineering and coordination support, first line fix and coordinating on site servicing to a wide range of laboratory equipment (centrifuges, materials science equipment, stirrers/ shakers, chromatography/ spectroscopy machines, PH Meters, laboratory measurement equipment, automation, laboratory liquid handlers, genome – automated DNA/RNA/ protein purification) including the supporting tasks in the laboratory space to drive quality and efficiency for the client’s scientific staff
- Ensure prompt, flexible, customer focused equipment support whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory, and engineering standards
- Plan & carry out engineering maintenance and commissioning work associated with scientific equipment and systems in a safe, cost effective manner to ensure minimum business disruption.
- Use technical knowledge to identify and source components and services.
- Manage the availability of essential spares to support the range of equipment and systems used within the laboratory facilities in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage and improve the service logging process and asset database
- Carry out regular asset sweeps (and potential for re-tagging of equipment)
- Create, manage and review supporting documentation e.g. service reports, audit documentation
- Support contract management process in the set-up, renewal and budget of contracts
- Monitor the performance of the scientific equipment and systems using Key Performance Indicators to instigate improvements and influence changes
- Build-up and maintain client relationships
- Attend client meetings to review on-going performance, areas for continual improvement
- 2+ years’ experience working as a Laboratory Coordinator, Laboratory Manager, Lab Technician/ Senior Laboratory Technician, Scientist, Laboratory Supervisor or in a similar role and ideally you will have experience working with Materials Science, Chromatography, Analytical Chemistry, Oil Samples or Laboratory Equipment such as Stirrers, Shakers, Microscopes, Centrifuges, Balances/ Weighing, Autoclaves, Liquid Handling Instruments or PH Meters/ Laboratory Refrigeration – Food/ Beverage, Medical or Academic backgrounds would also be considered
- Ideally you will have experience working with manufacturers/ suppliers, coordinating breakdowns of the instruments/ booking service engineers in the diary, Health & Safety checks, and replenishing laboratory consumables/ reagents
- Hold a scientific or chemistry/ materials science related degree (e.g. BSc or MSc, PhD/ HNC/HND etc.)
- Basic salary circa: 380,000 (SEK) – 420,000 (SEK) per year
- Full Blue-Chip Company Benefits
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Ben Atherton today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in Sweden to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 GBP (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|