Territory: Slough, Reading, Oxford (M4 corridor) and when required across the UK and internationally
Do you want to work for a global market leading manufacturer of cutting-edge laboratory automation solutions which are used by Scientists & Researchers around the world to accelerate breakthrough new medical and drug discoveries in a range of Pharmaceutical, Clinical, Biotech & Academic environments?!
Do you also want to receive gold standard training and have exciting career progression opportunities in areas such as Service Management, Service Directorship, or opportunities to travel the world?
Do you already have 1+ year’s experience as a Field Service Engineer with experience servicing any type of electrical (or mechanical) equipment in industries such as Life Sciences, Liquid Handling, Biotechnology, Chromatography/Mass Spec, Medical Devices, Clinical Diagnostics or Semiconductors?
Importantly, do you also have a background in Electronics with either an Electronics/Electrical Engineering qualification (ONC, HNC, HND, BTEC, NVQ, City & Guilds of BSc/BEng) or have you received electronics training?
If you said yes to the above and have a valid driver’s licence, then this new Field Service Engineer role could be perfect for you!…
The Requirements of the Field Service Engineer:
- 1+ year’s experience as a Field Service Engineer with experience servicing any type of electrical (or mechanical) technical equipment in industries such as Life Sciences, Liquid Handling, Biotechnology, Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry, Medical Devices, Clinical Diagnostics or Semiconductors
- You must have a relevant qualification ONC/OND/HNC/HND/NVQ/City & Guilds or BSc/BEng in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or equivalent electronics training
- You must be prepared to travel throughout the above territory and the wider UK area when required and overseas for training initially and within the role when required
- Must be self-motivated and enthusiastic, have excellent interpersonal & problem-solving skills, and enjoy working independently as well as part of a long standing & successful UK & wider European automation service team
- You must be computer literate and hold a full UK driving licence & valid UK passport to be successful within the role
The responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer – Laboratory Automation:
- As a Laboratory Automation Field Service Engineer your key objective will be to perform instrument installation, application set-up, maintenance, trouble shooting, repairs and other service support activities as required
- Solve customer problems, ensure maximum availability and functionality of the instruments
- Interact with Customers, Sales, and Field Automation Specialists to resolve problems, offer advice and provide solutions in a timely & cost-efficient manner
- Provide support throughout Europe when required
- Plan, Maintain and Perform customer training courses across the territory
- Escalate and resolve issues regarding customer complaints, exceeding deadlines, and other critical occurrences
- Support the automation sales specialist with their sales efforts, product demonstrations and trade shows
Salary & Benefits:
- Base Salary Circa: £30,000 – £42,000 DOE
- Up to 20% bonus
- Hybrid Company Car
- Private Pension + Healthcare (including Dental & Eye Care)
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Mobile + Laptop
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Langton Howarth Ltd on 0113 243 3499 or email your up to date word CV to email@example.com Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
You must have full right to work in the UK to be considered for this role
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice.
|Job Category||Service Engineering|