My client is at the forefront of cutting-edge stem cell science, and they are on course to double their workforce from 3000 employees to 6000 employees within just 2 years!
You will be working in a state of the art and purpose-built campus which boasts amazing perks and amenities such as subsidised gym memberships, weekend choirs, hiking groups and much more!
Not only will you positively drive forwards truly exciting large scale cell biology & stem cell projects, but you will spearhead a team of high performing and successful Research Assistants, Laboratory Technicians & Scientists.
Day-to-Day Duties of The Role:
- Lead the Cellular Generation team and Organoids Platform to drive research projects within the Institute
- Lead and guide staff on a journey of continual improvement approach to the services offered ensuring a culture of excellent customer service and high-quality delivery.
- Drive the development and adoption of new operational approaches to organoid generation, stem cell generation and differentiation to influence ways of working.
- Drive and deliver large scale cell biology projects so that they are completed on time and are delivered at a high quality.
- Full Line Management responsibility for numerous direct reports
- Matrix Management responsibilities across project teams
The Requirements For The Head Of Cellular Generation:
- PHD in a biological subject or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in a Managerial role
- Familiar with the regulation requirements for Human and Animal sample tissue
- Experience in project management with proven success in delivering numerous projects on time and to agreed quality standards
- Experience of successfully line managing teams and resolving a range of people related issues
- Experience in successfully managing change and rapidly shifting priorities
- Experience in the management of teams/projects involved in scientific research – involving cellular generation of Organoid and stem cell lines (iPSCs)
- Base Salary £58,000 – £80,000 (DOE)
- Life Insurance
- Free Bus from Cambridge City Centre & Other locations
- Amazing Pension 15% Employer & 5% Employee Contribution
- Dental Payment Plan, Eye Care Payment Plan
- Subsidised Gym Memberships (only costs £8)
- 25 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
Apply right now by calling Adam Patel – Apprentice Recruitment Consultant at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to Adam@langtonhowarth.com Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!