Territory: Northeast England & Scotland (Yorkshire, County Durham, Gateshead, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Northumberland, South Tyneside, Sunderland & Scotland)
Your location: Home based in either the Yorkshire or Tyne & Wear regions with easy access to the A1 (M)
Do you want to be a valued member of a high performing Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry Field Service Engineer team for a fast-growing supplier of innovative GC, LC, GCMS & LCMS instrumentation which is utilised in several different industries to include Pharmaceutical, Forensics, Water & Environmental Analysis to name just a few?
Are you already a Field Service Engineer with direct experience in servicing either GC and/or GCMS systems for an OEM or third-party service provider OR are you the designated subject matter expert for GC/GCMS troubleshooting as a Chemist, Analyst or Equipment Technician in the laboratory with the hunger to succeed in a Field Service role?
If so, this brand-new Gas Chromatography Field Service Engineer role could be perfect for you!
The requirements of the Gas Chromatography Field Service Engineer:
- The ideal candidate will already have 1+ years of experience in a Field Service Engineer or Site Engineer role servicing GC and/or GCMS equipment for an OEM or third party service company
- You could also be a laboratory based Chemist, Analyst, Equipment Technician or similar subject matter expert in troubleshooting GC/GCMS equipment with the hunger to suceed in a Field Service Engineer role
- Experience servicing/troubleshooting Agilent GC/GCMS systems is desirable but you could also have experience with Waters, Perkin Elmer, Shimadzu, Thermo Fisher, AB Sciex GC/GCMS systems
- You will hold a BSc/HNC/HND (or higher) in a Chemistry or Engineering related field
- As this role involves high levels of travel and regular over night stays you must be fully commited to this already
- Candidates need, by nature, to be calm, clear thinking, practical individuals who enjoy and are good at problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high standard of inter-personal abilities are essential attributes for the job
- Willingness to travel on a National basis when required and to all areas of the territory to include Scotland
- A full, preferably clean, UK driving licence is required
The responsibilities of the Gas Chromatography Field Service Engineer:
- The focus of this role is to install instruments, train users and give effective after-sales technical support by telephone, email, and site visits across the Northeast & Scotland territory and on a national basis when required
- This includes repair, upgrades, planned maintenance and application support
- Provide excellent technical support to our customers and to ensure that they remain customers for the long term
- Keep up to date with the company’s products & services and maintain an understanding of what the customer requires and relate this back to the appropriate person within the company to meet the customer’s needs
- Build and maintain harmonious working relationships with colleagues
- Pass any new potential sales leads back to the internal and field-based sales team
- Base Salary Circa: £30,000 – £47,000 (DOE)
- Fully Expensed Company Car or £500 Monthly Car Allowance
- 10% Annual Bonus
- Westfield Healthcare Cash Plan
- 4 x Death in Service Life Insurance
- Pension (6% Matched Contribution)
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Laptop + Mobile Phone + iPad
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Global Recruitment Manager at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to email@example.com Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Service Engineering|