Territory: UK Wide
Your location: Home based in England with good motorway accessibility (Northwest, Northeast, Midlands, or Southeast areas are all fine)
Are you a collaborative team player who wants to be an integral part of a high performing Field Service Engineer team?
Do you also want to work for a fast-growing supplier of innovative and specialist SIFT-MS, GC, LC, GCMS & LCMS instrumentation which is utilised in several different industries to include Pharmaceutical, Forensics, Water & Environmental Analysis to name just a few?
This is a brand-new role created due to my client’s exponential growth. You will be a true subject matter expert in the field of Trace Gas Analysis (SIFT-MS) and the go to person for all customers in the UK for this high growth market.
The requirements of the Trace Gas Analysis Field Service Engineer:
- You could already be an experienced Field Service Engineer or Site Engineer with direct experience of servicing Trace Gas Analysis/SIFT-MS (Selected-ion flow-tube mass spectrometry)/ VOC (volatile organic compounds) equipment for companies such as TOFWERK, Honeywell, Johnson Matthey, Owlstone or related company
- Alternatively you could also be working with the above equipment as a Researcher, Scientist or Chemist at either a University who specialise in SIFT-MS such as University of York, UWE Bristol, University of Cambridge, Keele University (or equivalent) or a company in industry such as Intertek, Givaudian or other
- You will hold a BSc/HNC/HND (or higher) in a Chemistry or Engineering related field
- As this role involves high levels of travel and regular over night stays you must be fully commited to this already
- Candidates need, by nature, to be calm, clear thinking, practical individuals who enjoy and are good at problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a high standard of inter-personal abilities are essential attributes for the job
- Willingness to travel on a National basis when required and to all areas of the territory to include Scotland
- A full, preferably clean, UK driving licence is required
The responsibilities of the Trace Gas Analysis Field Service Engineer:
- In this brand-new role, you will be the technical expert for my client’s SIFT-MS technology. Your focus will be to deliver equipment instruments, training and give after-sales technical support by telephone, email, and site visits across the UK
- This includes repair, upgrades, planned maintenance and application support
- Provide excellent technical support to our customers and to ensure that they remain customers for the long term
- Keep up to date with the company’s products & services and maintain an understanding of what the customer requires and relate this back to the appropriate person within the company to meet the customer’s needs
- Build and maintain harmonious working relationships with colleagues
- Pass any new potential sales leads back to the internal and field-based sales team
- Base Salary Circa: £30,000 – £40,000 (DOE)
- Fully Expensed Company Car or £500 Monthly Car Allowance
- 10% Annual Bonus
- Westfield Healthcare Cash Plan
- 4 x Death in Service Life Insurance
- Pension (6% Matched Contribution)
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Laptop + Mobile Phone + iPad
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Global Recruitment Manager at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Service Engineering|