Field Service Engineer – Pharmaceutical
Home Location: Based in Ireland now and ideally situated in a major city with good transport links
Base Salary: Negotiable DOE + Fully expensed company car + 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays + 1 extra day for each year served up to 5 years (25 days in total) + Death in Service + Pension + £16 per day tax free allowance paid into expenses + Paid overtime if accumulated
The Requirements of the Field Service Engineer:
- You will either be an experienced Field Service Engineer right now (5-10 years’ experience) carrying out validation, repair and maintenance of either pharmaceutical biotech or medical device equipment
- Qualification (BSc, BEng, HND, HNC etc) in Electronic or Mechanical Engineering, and/or in a Scientific Discipline (Pharmaceutical of Chemistry based degrees would be preferable)
- Instruments you will have experience of servicing should include Laboratory Automation, Liquid Handlers, Automated Scientific Systems, Automated Sample Preparation, Compound Storage Systems, Mass Spec Equipment etc
- Tablet dissolution testing repair, validation or maintenance experience is HIGHLY desirable so do get in touch immediately if you are an Engineer that has serviced tablet testers from manufacturers such as Hanson, Erweka, Distek, Pharma Test etc
- Experience of working with IQ/OQ, cGLP, cGMP is a must to service/support instruments used within R&D, QC and Production of Pharmaceuticals
- A full valid UK driving licence is essential, as is the willingness to travel
- Excellent IT and communication skills are required, both verbal and written, to administer service documents and update the company’s records
Responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer:
- To provide service delivery support for customers across Ireland on the complete product range (Dissolution Systems, Tablet Physical testing Systems, Electrochemistry Instrumentation & General Laboratory Equipment)
- Manage and coordinate your daily functions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Performs Routine/Non-Routine PM/OQ/PQ and Equipment Troubleshooting & Breakdown repairs
- Promote and maintain a high Quality of Service
- To assist and be part of the successful achievement of our monthly and customer contract KPI’s
- Promote the brand and service capabilities to all existing and new customers
- Provide application and method development support on certain instrumentation and contract customer sites
- Identify and implement service delivery improvements in conjunction with Head of Services
- Upkeep of our technical manual database
- Attend regular interdepartmental meetings
- Our client is a privately owned €50million turnover company that manufactures and services laboratory automation and precision engineering equipment for the pharmaceutical sector
- With over 250 employees, they have the highest number of sales and service people in the world totally dedicated to the tablet dissolution testing market
- Global leader in the field of tablet disintegration testing equipment and are proud and passionate of their suite of dissolution systems. Brand loyalty is second to none and the company strategy is one of unstoppable growth and innovation
- They immediately seek a Field Service Engineer to join their successful service function
Apply today by sending your CV to Oliver Gill of Langton Howarth Ltd via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver in confidence right now for more information on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK & Ireland.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.