Field Service Engineer – Laboratory Equipment
Territory: Southeast UK
Ideal home location: Ideally located near the M25/M1 Motorway
Our client is an industry leading global manufacturer and supplier of a wide range of exciting laboratory equipment that is used to advance groundbreaking scientific research!
Their products and services are used by highly respected scientists and researchers across the Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Biotechnology & Academia sectors and they are renowned for providing a gold standard level of service and support!
They are growing at pace and increasing the range of instruments that they can service and support which means that no two days will ever be the same!
If you are already a Field Service Engineer or Site Engineer with experience servicing either Life Science, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical or Medical Devices equipment then please continue reading and apply today!
The requirements of the Field Service Engineer – Laboratory Equipment:
- Previous experience as either a Field Service Engineer or site-based Engineer with experience of installing, validating, maintaining either or a mix of Life Science, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical or Medical Devices equipment
- You will hold either an Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical) qualification or a Chemistry/Life Sciences degree (you could also be qualified by experience)
- Experience of working in GLP & GMP environments would be an advantage
- Must hold a Full UK driving licence and valid Passport
- Experience of effective verbal communication skills in a customer facing or customer service environment, with excellent telephone manner
The role of Field Service Engineer – Laboratory Equipment:
- Carry out repair, calibration, and service for a range of laboratory equipment to include: HPLC, GC, LC, Centrifuges, Autoclaves, Water Baths, Distillation Dissolution and Sample Preparation equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance and service to contract schedules, whilst carrying out on site installation and operational qualification to manufacturer’s protocols, provision of effective & efficient service support to customers to given deadlines within the Field Service Engineer role
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the Company’s products and services and current research to keep customers and potential customers informed and maintain the company’s profile
- Maintain data and provide accurate reports to deadlines
- Always maintain adequate amounts of stock and equipment to minimise customer downtime and ensure compliance with contractual objectives
- Develop and maintain effective customer facing communication and questioning skills to determine the issues to be resolved
- Intermediate level IT skills in MS Office and report writing in Word & Excel
- Ensure customer field service reports are completed and any surplus parts are returned to the office within a 48-hour time frame
- Base Salary Circa: £30,000 – £40,000 DOE
- Fully Expensed Company Car
- Company Credit Card
- 25 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
- Laptop & Phone
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for this role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Field Service Engineer|