Territory: Northeast UK (A1 Corridor) with monthly travel to the Nordic region (fully expensed)
Your Location: Remote based and living anywhere on territory i.e., Leeds, York, Newcastle, and surrounding areas
Do you want to work for a global leader in the development and manufacture of cutting-edge semi & fully automated pharmaceutical dissolution testing equipment and who are also a leading service provider for HPLC, UPLC, LC, GC & IC instruments?
Are you already a Field Service Engineer with experience servicing one or more of the above types of Chromatography systems who now wants to join a market leading international company in a role that will give you the opportunity to travel across Europe?
OR are you a Chemist, Scientist or QC Analyst with extensive experience (3+ years) of using and troubleshooting the above types of Chromatography systems and ideally a good knowledge of dissolution systems in a GMP environment?
If you said yes to the above, then this brand-new role could be perfect for you!
The requirements of the Field Service Engineer – Chromatography & Dissolution Testing Equipment:
- You will already be an experienced Field Service Engineer with 2+ years of experience installing, validating, and servicing one or more of the following types of Chromatography instruments: HPLC, UPLC, LC, GC & IC
- You could also be a Chemist, Scientist or QC Analyst with extensive experience (3+ years) of using and troubleshooting Chromatography systems and ideally a good knowledge of dissolution systems in a GMP environment who is highly motivated to transition into a Field Service Engineer role
- Experience working in a GMP environment is a must
- You will be educated in either a life science/chemistry or engineering subject
- Must hold a full UK driving license & valid passport with the ability to travel both in the UK to the Nordic region each month
- Experience of effective verbal communication skills in a customer facing or customer service environment, with excellent telephone manner
The responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer – Chromatography & Dissolution Testing Equipment:
- Travel to customer sites to deliver routine planned maintenance and breakdown support in line with my client’s service plans
- To refurbish and validate equipment for the refurbished instrument program in line with SOPs at my clients UK facility
- To identify new customers or new market segments that could become long term accounts
- To build and maintain relationships with existing and potential customers to allow continuation of business and win incremental business
- Perform onsite duties including, service, validation, repair, accurately and in a timely fashion
- Complete and submit all paperwork to the admin team
- Build and maintains relationship with existing and new customers
- Promote the company’s brand and range of services where applicable
- Manage and be accountable for stock allocated to the service call
- Provide remote support via phone and email to customers where requested
- Maintain knowledge of the products and services
- Negotiable & Highly Competitive Base Salary DOE
- Fully expensed company car (hire car provided during probation)
- Tax free daily allowance (£10 when in the field for up to 8 hours)
- Over time will be paid in following fiscal year (January) or this can be taken of during the year as recover days, so no impact is made on statutory holidays
- Pension – 6% employer contribution with a minimum 3% employee contribution after 3 months continuous employment
- 23 days holiday rising to 25 with continual service + 8 bank holidays
- Life Insurance (3x value of annual base salary) after 3 months continuous employment
- Laptop & Phone
This is an immediate requirement so please apply today by sending your up-to-date word CV to Oliver Gill: email@example.com and calling Oliver directly to for a confidential discussion on: +44 (0)113 243 3499.
To be considered for this role you must have full right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Field Service Engineer|