Remote home-based role with weekly field-based travel to customer sites across the UK & overnight stays as required each month
Do you want to work for a market leading global medical technology company whose cutting edge products, software & services are used to save and improve the quality of lives in areas such as Intensive Care, Cardiovascular Surgery, Sterile Reprocessing, Digital Health & Pharmaceutical Production?
Do you already have 2+ years experience in any manufacturing based industry or the healthcare/medical devices sector already in an IT/Software focused IT Engineer, IT Applications Support, IT Helpdesk or related IT support role that involves system administration, database management or applications support?
If you said yes to the above and have a valid driver’s licence, then this brand-new role could be perfect for you!
In the role of Field IT Applications Support Specialist:
- In this fast paced and exciting Field IT Applications Support Specialist role you will perform installation, configuration, and maintenance of my client’s specialist Surgical Instrument Management Software both in person at hospital sites and remotely
- Offer support using Telephone, Email, Support ticketing System, remote SW tools and on-site customer visits
- Ensure that high customer-focus and satisfaction is the basis of all activities
- Take ownership for enquiries and escalated issues, to ensure they are efficiently prioritised and resolved in line with my client’s procedures, workflows, policies, and service level agreement (SLA’s)
- Ensure that assigned cases are handled quickly, courteously, and efficiently in line with departmental standards, workflows, policies, and procedures
- Trouble shoot and where possible reproduce issue to identify/propose solutions on software, hardware, and operational issues
- Record and document carefully all activities in ticketing system
- Highlight any common issues/recurring issues received and alert to line manager
- Escalate as appropriate and in accordance with workflows
- Register customer complaints according to workflow Participate in 24/7 duties outlined by the Applications Team Leader
- Perform review / consultation / supervision / training / other tasks outlined by the Applications Team Leader
The requirements of the Field IT Applications Support Specialist:
- 2+ years experience in any manufacturing based industry or the healthcare/medical devices sector already in an IT/Software focused IT Engineer, IT Applications Support, IT Helpdesk or related IT support role that involves system administration, database management or applications support
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, and CRM applications is required
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate and explain technical information at all levels
- A high professional level of English, both written and spoken
- Electrical skills are an advantage
- Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with customers
- Structured, analytical, and methodical in approach and attitude to maintain an overview of cases and carry through
- Solid general IT and SW skills (Windows, Linux, SQL DB, Networks)
- Pro-active in mind and action to deliver best in class support
- Ability to keeping a good overview and to prioritise
- A team player with a flexible approach
- Full UK Driving Licence and right to work in the UK are both essential
Salary & Benefits:
- Base Salary Circa £30,000 – £40,000
- £200 per month on call supplement (£2,400 per year)
- Tesla Model 3 Company Car (Fully Expensed)
- Private Healthcare
- Wellness & Training Programs
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Laptop & Phone
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK and a full UK drivers licence to be considered.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.