Your location: Based in the UK near an International airport
Territory: UK, Europe, and Switzerland (Approx. 70% travel)
My client is an established and market leading International company who design bespoke scheduling software for Laboratory Automation & Robotics technology
Their award-winning technology is used extensively by both Top 10 Global Pharmaceutical companies, Universities & Biotech companies!
They are a highly dynamic and entrepreneurial business who have a real passion and commitment to the success of the company, its customers and importantly accelerating scientific discovery and improving healthcare!
The requirements of the Field Automation Engineer:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Field Service Engineer/Automation Engineer role servicing and supporting Laboratory Automation, Liquid Handling, Compound Management/Screening or other automated scientific technology
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or in Life Sciences with CS experience. University degree or vocational equivalent will be considered, preferably with background in lab automation and scheduling software
- Programming experience using .NET framework, preferably C# and/or python. Any experience controlling devices using ethernet, USB or RS232 would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of programming, and biopharmaceutical and research applications a plus but not essential
- Ability to debug networking issues
- Proven trouble shooter/problem solver with strong analytic skills and a determination to find win/win solutions
- Must be comfortable in role as subject matter expert and trainer; perform customer training and live software demonstrations
- Ability to work at customer sites and regularly travel up to 70%
- Ability to work independently, with excellent organizational and time management skills with a mind for responsibility and accountability
- Strong customer service and customer relationship skills
- Full & valid driver’s licence and passport with no restrictions
The responsibilities of the Field Automation Engineer:
- The successful candidate will oversee all post-sales support and service in the UK, Europe, and Switzerland for my client’s key account customer base of Integrated Workcells and Automation Software
- Perform installations of new Integrated Workcells and a variety of standalone equipment, routine maintenance, repairs, corrective updates as well as remote support.
- Work closely with sales, applications, software, and integrations team members to assure customer success and account growth
- Work closely with all customers to support the laboratory automation scheduling software and liquid handling software.
- Work closely with the company’s product support to repair, document, and improve the performance of all products
- Perform installation, SAT, maintenance, and fast-response repair of integrated workcells, automation software, and standalone laboratory equipment, including acoustic dispensers and all supplied/supported products.
- Maintain accurate and timely service documentation, servicing database information, routine reporting of expenses, and spare parts inventory management
- Ensure compliance to SOPs and established methods for all servicing activities
- Promote and support service agreement sales
- Regularly write technical documentation, including knowledge base articles, service notes, technical bulletins, and troubleshooting procedures
- Maintain focus on quality support of accounts in collaboration with Territory Manager’s
- Work with applications team to establish customer workflow needs
- Represent the company’s brand to all customers with professionalism and a service mindset
- Negotiable Base Salary (DOE)
- Car Allowance
- Laptop & Mobile
- Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up to date word CV to email@example.com Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|