Your location: Based in the UK near an International airport (Golden triangle is preferrable)
Territory: UK & Ireland
My client is an established and market leading International company who design bespoke scheduling software for Laboratory Automation & Robotics technology
Their award-winning technology is used extensively by both Top 10 Global Pharmaceutical companies, Universities & Biotech companies!
They are a highly dynamic and entrepreneurial business who have a real passion and commitment to the success of the company, its customers and importantly accelerating scientific discovery and improving healthcare!
The requirements of the Field Application Scientist:
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Science, Molecular and Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or related subjects with 3 to 5 years of practical hands-on laboratory automation experience
- Experience with laboratory automation manufacturers such as Agilent, Thermo Fisher Scientific HighRes BioSolutions, Beckman Coulter, Perkin Elmer etc and their instrumentation
- You could have 1+ year’s experience as a Field Application Specialist or Field Application Scientist with pre and/or post sales experience already for a laboratory automation/liquid handling company
- Ability to travel within the territory (including internationally) 30-50%
- A prior history of being an end-user of automation systems is essential
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills with an emphasis on ability to present effectively to a diverse audience.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills; strong team player.
- Ability to coordinate multiple priorities within demanding and tight timelines.
- Ability to be flexible, innovative, and creative while working smartly in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Proactive in maintaining an awareness of current and emerging technologies/trends in the life sciences research sector.
The responsibilities of the Field Application Scientist:
- Be a resource for pre-sales opportunities that can speak to the customer with relevant workflow questions, and have a good acumen to collaboratively determine needs of the project, assemble a statement of work (SOW), determine & mitigate any risks, and assist with the implementation
- Understand the customer’s needs for automation success to determine equipment and processes
- Identify workflow scenarios that require significant development and customisation
- Conduit to transfer important information to other Applications & technical teams (Integrations & Software) to best support pre-sales opportunities
- Engage with customer/partner and cross functional teams to ensure successful transition and execution from sales to product delivery
- Where possible, contribute to marketing efforts to generate material that will promote my client’s products
- Provide customer training on my client’s laboratory automation scheduling software as required
- Base Salary Circa: £40,000 – £50,000 (DOE)
- Car Allowance
- Laptop & Mobile
- Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up to date word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Service Engineering|