Customer Field Support Engineer
Salary Circa: £30,000 + Pension + 30 days holiday + Stats + Company Shut-Down at Xmas + Laptop + New Company Car Every 2 Years + Tax On Company Car is Paid + Private Healthcare for You and Your Partner and Discounted for Children + Annual Company Bonus
Location: Nottingham to Leeds
Have you got 2yrs+ experience as an Analyst/Method Developer in a Chemistry/Analytical laboratory but want to start or progress your career as a Field Service Engineer?
Do you have a passion for troubleshooting, fixing and optimizing the machines and instruments in your laboratory?
Are you a resilient, driven and personable scientist with a talent for building strong relationships and delivering excellent customer service?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then this may be the ideal role for you…
- My client is a specialist scientific equipment distributor who sells and services laboratory equipment for use in Solid Dose Testing and Dissolution, Chromatography and Spectroscopy
- Product range includes tablet dissolution testing systems, thin layer chromatography equipment and other analytical instrumentation
- Their customer base consists of Pharmaceutical, Analytical and Environmental laboratories, CROs and niche applications
- This client is committed to their environment responsibility and is a WEEE (Waste electrical and electronic equipment) registered supplier
- Enjoys a 98% renewal rate/year for their contracts and almost all products they sell later become ongoing service contracts
- Products are renowned for being both more technically advanced and better value for money than their competitors
- “Trust Buy-Out” in process so by the end of 2020 the company will be owned by its employees, so they will directly influence the direction of the business and take a portion of the profits (like John Lewis)
- Family feel and take great care of their employees; very flexible for doctor’s appointment etc and very generous benefits package
The requirements of the Customer Field Support Engineer:
- Bsc in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry or Biotechnology is preferred but not essential
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a laboratory doing routine analysis, method development and basic troubleshooting, calibration and instrument repairs is required
- Able to work as a team whilst on-site 2-4 days/week but also self-motivated, driven and pro-active as will be working from home independently on other days
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, strong technical mindset and eagerness to learn new skills; strong experience servicing machine isn’t required as full training will be given
- Exceptional relationship management and communication skills
- Dedicated and hard-working as early starts, late finishes and travel will be required
- Company expects a lot from their employees, but employees are extremely well rewarded in return. These benefits include 30 days holiday + bank holidays + company shut-down over Xmas, a new company car every 2 years with tax paid for, annual company bonus and private healthcare for both you and your partner and discounted for your children
The role of the Customer Field Support Engineer:
- Performing PM (preventative maintenance), IQ (installation qualification), PQ (performance qualification), MQ (mechanical qualification) and OQ (operational qualification) on clients’ instruments
- Visiting QC, QA, R&D, formulations & dosage departments to serve their instruments
- You will be the “Face of the North” so will build strong relationships with clients, generate a positive opinion of the company and promote the brand at every available opportunity
- Attend a team meeting every Friday (can be via Skype call)
- First-class training will be provided and there is fantastic scope for career progression towards Sales, Business Development or Management – the current UK Sales, Marketing & Services manager started in this position 12 years ago!
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Oliver today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you