Territory: Birmingham & South
Home Location: Based anywhere in Birmingham and South
Are you currently servicing, troubleshooting, and repairing Chromatography Equipment?
Do you want to work for the largest independent company of their type in Europe who are extremely entrepreneurial, and where everyone’s opinion matters?
Based in the Midlands or South of the UK and want to work with some of the industry’s leading Biotech/ Research, Pharma and Environmental customers?
Are you a super user in the laboratory and want to move into Field Service?
My client is a trusted and market leading supplier and servicer of equipment and consumables in the fields of Mass Spectrometry, LCMS, GCMS, HPLC/GC systems as well as nitrogen and hydrogen generators.
As a member of their high performing and loyal Field Service team you will be the face of the company in front of the client base. They are the largest independent company of their type in Europe, and they are an extremely entrepreneurial organisation where everyone’s opinion matters, everyone is valued and has the chance to make an impact!
The requirements of the Field Service Engineer:
- You will have 2+ years of experience as a Field Service Engineer servicing either or a mix of LC & GC equipment for either an OEM such as Waters, Agilent or Shimadzu or a third-party service provider
- Knowledge of PC/Workstation hardware and operating systems is desirable
- Knowledge of analytical methods and method development is also desirable
- Full and ideally clean UK driving licence with the ability to undertake field travel and stay away from home occasionally
- Full right to work in the UK and a valid passport
The responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer:
- Provide on-site support to my client’s customers for GC & LC scientific equipment in the following areas: breakdown, preventive maintenance, operational qualification & training
- In-house workshop repairs and refurbish instruments for sale in accordance with quality requirements
- Overnight stays every other week to their Runcorn workshop site, with field service travel to within around 2 hours from home location
- Delivery of remote technical support via telephone, e-mail, or remote access software.
- Delivery of remote and in-person training courses within area of expertise
- Correct completion and timely submission of all service documentation
- Ensure all company property entrusted is properly looked after and within required calibration
- Correct completion and timely submission of monthly expenses in accordance with the company expenses policy
- Compliance with all company processes and procedures
- Compliance will all UK health & safety regulations
- Manage own workload effectively, organise and prioritise and any project involvement to deadlines
- Continually review working practices and proactively make recommendations to the manager to improve and increase efficiency of current operations
- Build and maintain harmonious working relationships with colleagues and customers to achieve and exceed customer expectations
- Keep abreast of new instrumentation and analytical techniques in the wider analytical industry
- Base Salary Circa £30,000 – £38,000 (DOE)
- Company Car (Fully Expensed)
- 4 x Death in Service
- Pension (6% employer & 3% employee contribution)
- Laptop & Mobile
- 20 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
Apply right now by calling Reuben Young – Recruitment Consultant at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up-to-date word CV to email@example.com Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|