Business Development Executive
£16,000 – £20,000 Basic Salary per annum DOE + Quarterly uncapped commission scheme + Bonus + subsidised monthly gym membership + 28 days holiday + fantastic career opportunities + healthcare cash plan + day off for birthday + ongoing in-house training with expert trainers
(Based Leeds City Centre LS1 3BB)
Are you intelligent and articulate individual with excellent communication skills? Have you worked in a telebusiness/ B2B/ telesales environment and looking for something more? Are you looking to get into a recruitment company that prides itself on its values and culture? Do you have a hunger to learn, resilience, tenacity and a winning mentality to deliver results? If so, then read on……
Langton Howarth is an Executive Search firm operating in Clinical Diagnostics, Life Science, Medical Devices and Laboratory Supplies recruitment. We pride ourselves on our values of diligence, honesty and our entrepreneurial nature, constantly staying ahead of the competition. Based in Leeds City Centre (LS1) we work with leading SME’s through to multinational companies fulfilling their recruiting needs across the UK, Europe & North America region to search for the best available talent for their scientific and clinical diagnostics businesses.
The role of a Business Development Executive within Langton Howarth is heavily telephone and database driven and will consist of a hybrid of researching into clinical diagnostics, laboratory supplies, pharmaceutical and biotech companies and resourcing vacancies for specific roles. This will include intensive research into the scientific and clinical markets we serve, market mapping companies and sites within the industry, generating vacancy leads from new clients as well as existing accounts and booking in telephone appointments with hiring managers/decision makers for our team of consultants to take their job vacancies.
Typically, you’ll be carrying out these types of duties every day:
- Source vacancies using the internet/social media and telephone
- Approach existing client contacts as well as new decision makers and prospective customers directly to secure their recruiting requirements over the telephone
- Place adverts on the Company website and other job portals to attract applicants
- Network with existing accounts/ industry contacts to source new vacancies and secure telephone appointments for consultants to take their specific job requirements to include engineering/IT, sales, marketing, technical support, finance, customer service from trainee to board level appointments
- Find vacancy leads to convert into money making opportunities through social media/competitor awareness and networking activities
- Book in telephone appointments with Consultants/Clients to convert into live jobs for our recruitment team to fill
- Updating & maintaining the database with client details
- Whilst the role is predominantly telephone/office based in the heart of Leeds City Centre there may be the opportunity to attend industry/trade conferences in the UK and overseas to secure new business
You’ll be liaising with a whole range of professional people across a diverse range of functional disciplines found in a scientific supplies/clinical diagnostics/medical device company, getting as much information as possible to make hires happen.
Your Personality should be process driven, with strong analytical and research skills alongside excellent communication skills and a confident demeanour over the telephone.
You will be adept at using the internet and search engines and websites. You will also have a real passion for beauty/fashion/brands and hold either telebusiness/telesales or B2B sale experience OR previous recruitment/resourcing experience. Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal is a must. A sparkling personality with a real flair for working with people and strong interpersonal skills, plus the right attitude is essential to join our motivated, high energy and positive team. Degree educated in a Life Science related discipline such as Molecular/Cellular Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Chemistry or HND Level in Life Science or equivalent would be a distinct advantage but not essential. However, we recruit individuals with the “extra factor” with 6+ months minimum work experience in a targeted telesales or recruitment business.
This is a rewarding and challenging prospect that offers excellent money-making potential, full training and opportunity for career progression.
If you have already worked in recruitment and are now looking for your next challenge and think you have got what it takes to join our team then please email your CV & cover letter to: –
firstname.lastname@example.org or call Karen Hall – Office Manager today on 0113 243 3499 for a confidential chat. Immediate interviews and start dates are available.