Applications Support Specialist – Life Sciences Instruments & Consumables
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + £4,000 Quartely Incentive Bonus + Pension Scheme + Healthcare + 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Xmas Shutdown + Child Care Vouchers + Free Onsite Parking
Based: Office based in St. Neots, Cambridgeshire
The Requirements of the Applications Support Specialist:
- To be successful in the role of Applications Support Specialist you must have an academic background in either the following: Scientific Higher Education qualification, Scientific Technical degree (BSc or MSc), or equivalent experience in either a science discipline or mechanical engineering required
- Some former technical support or customer service, or retail experience is an advantage as is familiarity with benchtop laboratory equipment, fluidics products and chromatography instruments and consumables
- Experience of working in an analytical laboratory environment with analytical/chromatography techniques would be a distinct advantage
- Team player, self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management, ability to meet deadlines and to work effectively under pressure
- Live in a commutable distance to my client’s office in St Neots
- Full UK Driving Licence
The Responsibilities of the Applications Support Specialist:
- Within the role of Applications Support Specialist, you will be required to answer inbound telephone calls to the UK sales department in a professional and business-like manner
- Answering of e-mail queries in a timely manner and if required reach out to Product Sales Managers and Technical Support resources (both internal and external) to ensure customers are given accurate and detailed responses to any technical questions.
- To issue quotations when required and to follow up quotations and sales opportunities with outbound sales calls
- Provide sales analysis, forecasts and reporting on key aspects of the role to the UK Sales Manager
- Act upon enquiries generated through the Company’s various promotional and marketing activities and administer and update their status on the company’s systems (CRM)
- Communicate and support customers via the Who’s on web chat function for the company’s web sites
- To provide timely resolution of warranty repairs, chargeable repairs or re-calibration of products
- Continuous development of marketplace and product knowledge to support above functions
- To assist in other areas of office functions when required and to provide holiday cover for other members.
- Feedback and effectively communicate any customer suggestions/complaints/queries via appropriate processes and procedures.
- If required make sales visits to customer site, attend trade shows, seminars, exhibitions and other promotional activities on behalf of the company in the UK and overseas under the direction of the UK Sales Manager
- My client is amongst the industry leaders in the supply and service of chromatography equipment and consumables used extensively in the Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Biotechnology industries as well as Academia. They were established over 13 years ago and offer clients an unrivalled service choice on GC, LC, GCMS, CTC, Dissolution and online SPE products
- An extremely entrepreneurial organisation where everyone’s opinion matters, everyone’s impact is valued, and you have immediate access/ support from Director Level
Apply right now by calling Ben Atherton – Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Langton Howarth Ltd on 0113 243 3499 or email your up to date word CV to email@example.com Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the full right to work in the United Kingdom.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice.