Location: Little Chesterford, Saffron Walden
Our client is a leading integrated drug discovery CRO that has been setting the highest standards in drug discovery, with a particular emphasis on small molecule research, since the early 2000’s. They work in partnership with clients from a variety of sectors including academic, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and patient foundation organisations around the world with a focus on Assay Biology, Bespoke Assay Development, Small Molecules.
The role of Analytical / Bioanalytical Group Leader:
- Line-manage analytical and bioanalytical scientist of varying experience levels to deliver client projects and provision of expert analytical chemistry support to the medicinal chemistry team (currently 40 chemists)
- Working with several clients to agree and implement project strategy and responsibility for the day-to-day reporting and communication of project progress to the clients
- Providing leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams and provision of insight to the future project direction
- Support the business development team to assist in securing new business for the company
- Play a key role in the growth of the analytical and bioanalytical team
- Play an active role as a member of the chemistry leadership team, using your knowledge to contribute to growing the department and influencing R&D strategy
The requirements of the Analytical / Bioanalytical Group Leader:
- To be considered for this role you must have a minimum of 10+ years of experience working at the level of Group Leader/Team Leader/Head of Function with direct line management responsibility
- You will hold a PhD or a BSc/MSc degree in chemistry or natural sciences, supported by a proven track record and delivery of projects to assist in the drug discovery process across hit identification, hit-to-lead and lead optimisation projects in large Pharma, Biotech or CRO sectors
- You will have an extensive knowledge of analytical chemistry and bioanalytical project support
- A thorough understanding of DMPK and biology concepts would be advantageous to make key decisions for multidisciplinary drug discovery project teams
- You will have excellent communication and inter-personal skills along with the ability to clearly summarise and present scientific results and ideas
- You will also be able to demonstrable experience of working with cross-discipline teams to successfully drive drug discovery projects
- Base Salary Circa £56,000 – £72,000 DOE
- 10% Employer Pension Contribution
- Private Healthcare
- 4x Salary Life Insurance
- 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill on +44 (0) 113 243 3499 or email your current CV on firstname.lastname@example.org. Langton Howarth is the market leading recruitment agency placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have a full right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00(o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice.