Our client is at the forefront of cutting-edge science having led the way in human genome sequencing and the sequencing of Covid-19.
They are world class in life science and have a whole campus of state-of-the-art laboratories with the best scientists working on world first research projects such as the human atlas, RNA Scope and insitu hybridisation.
The institute is doubling in size from 3,000 to 6,000 employees on campus in Cambridge over the next three years. They have set up a cell biologist group to provide a service to researchers from all over the world to undertake histology & social genomics-based experiments on human donor tissue.
This group is using cutting edge technology to include exciting projects and the cell biologist would be given full inhouse training as well.
They have an amazing campus, with a subsidised gym membership, weekend choirs’ & hiking groups and a real family feel to the company.
Based in a Cambridge old stately home, within a village and a nature reserve, it is truly an amazing place to work.
The requirements of the Advanced Research Histologist::
- 1-3 years practical histology laboratory work experience from either academia, hospitals, biotech or pharmaceutical industries
- Ideally, but not a must, understanding of working to a HTA compliance level
- Experience in any of the following histology areas: Wet lab histology, RNA extraction, imaging, staining, RNA sequencing, library sample preparation, freezing samples/tissue, mapping of gene expression, paraffin embedding, vision spatial transcription, fish fluorescence in situ hybridization, RNA Scope
- Good attention to detail and communication skills
The responsibilities of the Advanced Research Histologist:
- To provide histology-based expertise to the cellular generation and phenotyping platform
- Progress human tissue and cellular projects, involving generating, culturing, manipulating a variety of tissues or cell lines (stem cells, primary cells, immortalised cell lines and malaria parasites)
- As the Histologist, you would be working on a variety of samples: skin, kidney, liver, heart
- Analyse the tissue for other companies to produce data that is send back to other companies
- Running cellular phenotyping, assays & imaging, activities on the lines
- Working independently on carrying out high quality tissue processing, cell culture, cell biology in the histology position
- Performing tissue or cell manipulation such as fixing, cryosectioning, staining, differentiation, transduction, and transfections to a high standard to prepare them for downstream analysis
- Develop and run tissue and cellular protocols and assays to generate accurate data
- Ensure accurate record keeping, in line with CGaP standards
- Working on 20 different projects within a team of 5
- Base Salary Circa £27,780 – £33,624
- Life Insurance
- Free Bus from Cambridge City Centre
- Dental Payment Plan, Eye Care
- In House 3-6 months training
- Subsidised Gym Membership (£8)
- 25 Days Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
This is an immediate requirement so please apply today by sending your up-to-date word CV to Reuben Young: firstname.lastname@example.org and calling Oliver directly to for a confidential discussion on: +44 (0)113 243 3499.
To be considered for this role you must have full right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.