Account Manager – South East UK (Field Based) – Chromatography and Automated Sample Preparation
Base Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 (DOE) + Approximately £10,000 – £13,000 OTE + Company Car + 23 Holidays (Plus Bank Holidays) + Excellent Pension Scheme and Healthcare Cash Plan + Mobile + Laptop
Territory: Home Counties – Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey, and Sussex
- You will have sales experience (2-3 years +) selling analytical laboratory or Chromatography equipment such as GC-MS, Gas Chromatography, HPLC, Liquid Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy/ Spectrometry, Automated Sample Preparation into customers such as Analytical Chemistry, Environmental, Water Analysis, Soil, Academia, Bioscience/ Biotechnology and CRO’s, Forensics/ Toxicology or Pharmaceutical Analysis as an Account Manager, Sales Specialist, Product Specialist, Area Sales Manager, Territory Manager, Business Development Manager, Sales Representative or related role
- Previous laboratory experience in Chromatography, HPLC, GC-MS, Mass Spec/ LC-MS or using Analytical Laboratory / Separation Science techniques would be an advantage, you could also be working as a Chemist, Analytical Laboratory Researcher or Lab Manager looking to start your career in a technical commercial sales role in the Analytical Laboratory Capital Equipment market
- Additionally you could hold a scientific or chemistry based degree (BSc/MSc/PhD) in a discipline such as Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Forensic Science or related area
- Must have a full UK driving licence
The Position of Account Manager:
- Responsible for developing and executing a sales development plan for your area and Industry speciality – focused on Chromatography, Analytical Liquid Handling and Laboratory Instrumentation as well as Automated Sample Preparation
- The South East territory is the highest performing region, yet there’s still opportunity to create new business as well as cement existing client relationships
- Meeting and exceeding sales and activity targets for the product range of GC (Gas Chromatography), LC (Liquid Chromatography) and MS (Mass Spectrometry) instruments
- Work on all stages of your pipeline every month to ensure a smooth flow of business
- Responsible for the quality of the solutions that you sell, and for your customers’ satisfaction with their purchases
- Working with accounts throughout Academia, Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Clinical and FMCG amongst others, dealing with Researchers, Laboratory Managers, CEO’s, Finance Directors as well as Procurement
- My client is a long-standing manufacturer and supplier of innovative GC, LC & MS instrumentation which is utilised in several different industries to include Pharmaceutical, Forensics, Water & Environmental Analysis to name just a few
- They are part of a larger group of scientific supplies companies yet due to their size retain a family feel and are an agile and innovative company – This structure means each of their employees feel valued & empowered to make a positive contribution to advance scientific research & discovery
- As part of a larger group of scientific companies you will have excellent opportunities to advance and develop. Great earnings potential is on offer with the benefit of an uncapped commission scheme that accelerates for over achievement
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com and call Ben Atherton straight away on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.