Location: Home based in England with travel (ideally living in the North – M62 corridor, Midlands or South East regions)
My client is fast growing manufacturer and supplier of innovative GC, LC & MS instrumentation which is utilised in several different industries to include Pharmaceutical, Forensics, Water & Environmental Analysis as well as Distilleries to name just a few.
They are part of a larger group of scientific companies with significant resources yet due to their size they retain a family feel and are an agile and innovative company. This structure means that you would feel valued & empowered to make a positive contribution to advance scientific research & discovery.
The requirements of the UK & Ireland Sales Director:
- You will already be a proven sales leader in either a regional or national capacity as a Regional Sales Manager, UK Sales Manager, Head of Sales, UK & Ireland Sales Director (or equivalent) with a minimum of 4-5 years experience managing sales teams in technical areas such as GC, GCMS, LC, LCMS, HPLC, Spectroscopy, FTIR or related field such as laboratory automation/liquid handling robotics
- Ideally you will already have established strategic relationships and partnerships with customers in industries such as Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Water, Food Safety/ Testing, Distilleries
- Degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biology or similar (alternative fields will be considered however analytical chemistry knowledge is desirable)
- Commercially astute with experience managing budgets & key financial metrics
- Possess excellent presentation skills, both written and oral, to provide high level interactions with colleagues, clients, and industry
- Exhibit high quality writing, communication, and time management skills as well as proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Full UK driving licence
The role of the UK & Ireland Sales Director:
- As an integral member of the company’s senior leadership team, the UK & Ireland Sales Director will be responsible for leading and coaching a high performing team of field-based Sales Specialists, Business Development Managers, Application Chemists & a Digital Marketing Manager (circa 12 direct reports)
- Execution of the overall strategy and responsible for its successful implementation in the commercial organisation
- Develop sales strategies and contribute to supporting marketing plans to deliver targets
- Cascade targets to the sales team and ensure tracking provides early indications of over/under performance
- Assist with proposals for expanding sales team when appropriate and recruit accordingly
- Monitor commercial performance along with key metrics; prepare reports for senior management and the board
- Identify and collaborate with senior managers/directors to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (e.g., expansion, business development, new products etc.)
- Devise solid strategic relationships with key customers, suppliers and the other ASG businesses
- Establish a deep understanding of existing customers’ requirements to ensure their needs are being met
- Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships, both new and existing
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams within the organization (e.g., marketing, sales, technical, customers, etc.)
Salary & Benefits:
- Base salary circa £70,000 – £90,000 (DOE)
- 25% OTE Bonus
- Car allowance £600pm, OR car from chosen from lease list
- EV chargers – free usage at main office
- Westfield Health Care
- Pension (8% contribution 4% employee/4% employer)
- Holiday – 23 days per annum + additional day for each year of service up to a maximum entitlement of 28 days + optional salary sacrifice scheme to purchase additional 5 days
- Cycle to work scheme available to all employees
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Oliver Gill straight away for a confidential conversation on 0113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|