UK Capital Equipment Sales Manager – Life Sciences
Salary: Negotiable DOE + 25% OTE + Fully Expensed Company Car OR Car Allowance + Up To 8% Total Pension + Private Healthcare (Discounted for Family) + Laptop + Mobile + iPad + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + 4x Basic Salary in Life Insurance
Ideal home location: Midlands Region (Central UK)
Territory: UK Wide
Do you currently hold the title and responsibility of Regional Sales Manager, Sales Manager or UK Capital Equipment Sales Manager?
Do you have experience of managing dynamic and diverse sales teams in the Life Science or Biotechnology sectors?
Are you tenacious, passionate, ambitious and results driven?
If you answered yes to the above, then this may be the ideal role for you…
The requirements of the UK Capital Equipment Sales Manager:
- To be considered for the UK Capital Equipment Sales Manager role you must have a minimum of 3+ years’ experience of direct field sales management responsibilities and have managed, mentored & motivated teams comprising of Sales Specialists (between 3 – 6 ideally)
- You must have current experience (3+ years) working in the Life Science, Biopharma, Biotech or Pharmaceutical market for either a manufacturer or distributor of scientific equipment and/or consumables
- Educated to BSc level (or equivalent qualification/experience) in a Life Sciences or Chemistry discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to produce accurate and punctual reports
- Ability to perform relevant financial analysis to uncover further areas for business growth whilst also finding opportunities for cost saving
- Strong ability to negotiate large global contracts
- Experience of utilising and maintaining a CRM system or equivalent
- Experience of utilising and designing presentation slide decks within PowerPoint or equivalent
- Good IT skills (MS Office, CRM)
- You must have a valid and full UK driving licence
The responsibilities of the UK Capital Equipment Sales Manager:
- As the UK Capital Equipment Sales Manager your key day to day responsibilities will be to ensure that you effectively manage & motivate your team of Capital Equipment Sales Specialist (between 4-6 in the team) & also dotted line responsibility for office based Technical Specialists
- You will be heavily involved with the individual training needs, appraisals & disciplinary aspects for your sales team
- You will take the lead & assume ownership for the delivery of the overall equipment, Instruments, Service and project revenue plan within the UK
- Conduct financial analysis and understanding of market trends, competitor activities and drivers of business success to shape the direction and strategy of your assigned area
- Using insights from market engagement to work with the internal technical team to assist in product design and market mapping to ensure that they continue to develop high impact functionality for customers and end users
- Communicate in an accurate and timely manner with a variety of stakeholders to facilitate the delivery of key tasks
- Organise and participate in local customer seminars, exhibitions etc
- Participate in local and European sales training/meetings
- My client is a market leading global laboratory supplies & high-quality safety equipment company with worldwide sales of over $3.5 billion US dollars, over 8,500 employees in over 25 different countries
- Offering a diversified product mix, including chemicals, glassware, plastic ware, equipment, instruments and other life science and laboratory products/ supplies, head to toe safety and protective wear, protective clothing and a large range of Safety signs, first aid kits and waste management equipment
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Langton Howarth Ltd on 0113 243 3499 or email your up to date word CV to email@example.com Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
You must have full right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!