Territory Manager – Microbiology Diagnostics
Salary: £30,000 – £42,000 + 10% OTE (Uncapped) + Company Car + Phone + iPad + Laptop + Pension + 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
Based: Home based in Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh etc.)
- A Life Sciences degree or equivalent in either: Biomedical Science, Immunology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or similar field would be required within the Territory Sales Manager role
- As the Area Sales Representative you must be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of NHS Microbiology Laboratories
- Knowledge of the NHS Procurement process within labs focusing on areas such as Pathology, Urology, in vitro diagnostics and clinical diagnostics
- Right now you could be a Sales Representative, Account Manager, Business Development Executive, Territory Manager or a Sales Specialist, selling Assays and/or Instruments into NHS Laboratories
- You could be working as a Biomedical Scientist for the NHS right now with a desire to get into sales. You could be working in any of the following Pathology/Blood Science labs: Immunology, Haematology, Virology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology etc.
- Within the Area Sales Representative role, you must be comfortable working from a home-based office, being able to manage your own diary and undertake regular field visits around the territory
- Must hold a full clean UK driving licence
- You will be responsible for selling their entire portfolio of Microbiology focused instruments and consumables
- Attend exhibitions and meetings representing the company as requires
- The Area Sales Representative’s time will be split between managing and developing current accounts as well as seeking out new business
- Will demonstrate an ability to build and develop strong customer relationships within the NHS whilst also displaying in-depth technical knowledge of the diagnostic systems
- Speaking with many different decision makers within the organisations to include Procurement Managers, Finance Directors, Laboratory Managers, Pathology Service Managers and even the end users such as Biomedical Scientists, Blood Scientists, Pathology Scientists, QC Technicians etc.
- You may also have to liaise with the UKAS representative in the Laboratory regarding ISO regulations
- My client is one of the major independent distributors of high-quality diagnostic reagents and instrumentation from world leading manufacturer’s
- The business has been running over 25 years and is one of the most successful privately-owned companies in the diagnostics industry, being recognised by its customers and holding long term partnerships with many respected suppliers of diagnostic instrumentation.
- They offer vast portfolio of products from diagnostic kits to laboratory instrumentation – The product range has expanded over the years to include a comprehensive range of EIA, single test devices, serology products, molecular assays and instrumentation.
- My client are a member of the British In Vitro Diagnostics Association (BIVDA).
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on 0113 243 3499.
To apply for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.