Hybrid role – split between the Milton Keynes office & working from home
My clientis an award-winning manufacturer of Laboratory Consumables & Liquid Handling Technology, who are now the UK’s leading manufacturer of pipettes/ pipette tips, tissue culture and cell culture plastics and have experienced impressive continual year of year growth over the last decade.
They have a large focus on new product development and have extended their portfolio to enable them to offer an extensive range of products to meet the ever-changing needs of their customers within the Academia, Biotech, Pharmaceutical & Clinical sectors.
The requirements of the Tender & Contract Specialist:
- You will have 1+ year’s experience already in a similar role such as a Tender Specialist, Tender Assistant, Bid Specialist, Bid Manager, Proposal Writer, Tender Administrator, Commercial Assistant, or equivalent title in the Life Sciences, Biotechnology, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Medical Devices sectors or similar
- If you are not already performing a similar role you could be working in a laboratory environment as a Scientist, Laboratory Technician, Chemist or similar with the motivation to move into an office-based role in this area
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft packages and especially Microsoft Excel
- You will be an effective communicator with the ability to interpret information clearly and accurately to concisely communicate results and recommendations to stakeholders, senior management, and their teams
- It is important that you are a dedicated achiever, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and ensuring projects are complete and aligned with regulations and expectations
- Organised, managing timelines and other people’s priorities to ensure everything runs to time.
- Collaborative partner, building and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Analytical problem solver, going beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and make proposals for changes to prevent future issues
The responsibilities of the Tender & Contract Specialist:
- Identify contract/tender opportunities within the private and public sector utilising multiple platforms
- Formulate, coordinate, and manage the response and submission of all tenders and Request for Proposal
- Support the implementation and development of tender when successful
- Work closely with all departments to ensure fit with business growth and strategy and to ensure all aspects of the contracts have been fulfilled, managed, and supported through the procurement process
- Develop and manage internal contracts including management of pricing insights
- All the above is done by consistent maintenance of high standards through use of templates and content reviews
- Base Salary Circa £30,000 – £40,000 (DOE)
- Uncapped Earnings Potential
- Healthcare Cash Plan (including discounted Gym Membership, Physio, Opticians, Dental Cover)
- Life Insurance
- Laptop & Mobile
- 23 Days Holidays (increasing to 28 days with length of service) + 8 Bank Holidays
- Comprehensive training programme, e-learning, and training courses
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Langton Howarth Ltd on + 44 (0) 113 243 3499 and email your up to date word CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
To be considered for this role you must have the right to work in the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice!
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|