Technical Support Specialist – Life Sciences
Salary: £18,000 – £24,000 Basic DOE + Up to 6% Pension Scheme + Private Medical Cover + Medicash Scheme + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Buy or Sell 5 Holidays + Cycle to Work Scheme + Profit Share Scheme + Shares
Location: Office based in Over, Cambridge
Do you want to join a smaller/ medium sized company with the opportunity to make a real impact on the business as a whole?
Would you like to be part of a business that has been supplying laboratory equipment and water testing globally for over 60 years?
Want to work for a team that are committed to quality and are BSI ISO certified as well as Safe Contractor approved?
The requirements of the Technical Support Specialist:
- To be successful in the role of Technical Support Specialist you will have an Analytical/ Chemistry degree – e.g. Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Sciences, Chemicals or a closely related degree
- Previous experience in a laboratory discipline would be an advantage
- Good verbal communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
- Skills in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, Indesign, Photoshop or Illustrator would be an advantage
- Familiarity with SAP Business One would be an advantage
- As the Technical Support Specialist will hold a full UK driving licence as my client’s offices are unreachable by public transport
- To support the customer buying process through direct technical support or indirectly through the supply of clear, and relevant technical information. To enhance the product offering online through high quality technical data in many formats to suit different buyers needs and buying processes
- Offering a consistent customer experience with good technical advice and ensure the customer is getting what they need, this should enable the customer to make an informed choice from the product offerings
- To differentiate the companies products and services by developing the companies information & technology base; exploiting their ‘know how’ and expertise.
- The Marketing team ensures they promote the company, people and products within and outside of the market sectors. The team is responsible for promotions, website content, social media, technical support, exhibitions, pricing and advertising
- Provide Technical Support by email, telephone and webchat, to customers and colleagues
- Create, maintain and update the company blog site as a resource of technical queries and answers to common queries and application questions
- Administer product entry and/or product changes onto the website
- Provide accurate quotations and respond to UK, European and Overseas customer enquires in a helpful, timely and professional manner
- Laboratory testing evaluations to study new and innovative products and compare existing product
- App testing and reporting of error bugs to the software developers
- Report writing on laboratory studies
- Liaise with suppliers for technical information, data sheets, material safety data sheets and certificates of analysis
- Complete and maintain accurate records
My Client & Opportunity:
- My client is one of the market leading manufacturers and distributors within the life sciences industry who have an exciting and innovative product portfolio of laboratory products, instrumentation and consumables that are outsourced to the end users in the; Academia, R&D, Bio Tech & Industrial sectors. They have built an outstanding reputation over the last 60 years and they have secured the trust of over 600 manufacturers to be the face for the sale of their products
- This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to make their first step into a customer driven scientific position, with opportunities to progress in the future within the company in a variety of other roles
Apply today by sending your word CV to Ben Atherton of Langton Howarth Ltd via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ben in confidence right now for more information on 0113 243 3499.
To be considered you must have full right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.