Technical Support Engineer – Mass Spectrometry
Salary: Negotiable DOE + £3,500 Bonus + £450 – £550 Car Allowance per month + Mobile Phone + Laptop + 20 Days Holiday + 8 Days Bank holiday + Christmas shutdown + 6% Matched Pension Scheme + Private Healthcare + Expenses Paid Monthly
Location: UK Wide (You could be based anywhere across the UK)
Are you a current (or previous) AB Sciex Field Service Engineer who has recent relevant experience of repairing AB Sciex Mass Spectrometry equipment at customer sites?
Would you like to work for the largest independent LCMS (Liquid Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy) and chromatography sales & service organisation in the UK and Europe?
Do you want to be part of a team of manufacturer trained engineers covering manufacturer brands such as Agilent, Waters, AB-Sciex, Gilson, Thermo Fisher, Dionex and Varian?
The Requirements of the Technical Support Engineer:
- To be considered for the role of Technical Support Engineer you must either currently work for or have previously worked for AB Sciex as a Field Service Engineer
- You will already have hands on experience with the following AB Sciex Mass Spectrometry equipment: API 2000, API 3000, API 3200/3200 QTRAP, API 4000/4000 QTRAP
- It would be an advantage if you have previously serviced AB Sciex TOF machines including: QSTAR XL, QSTAR Pulsar and QSTAR Elite
- You will be educated to a minimum BSc in a Chemistry discipline such as Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Organic Chemistry or have a Electronics/Mechanical Engineering background
- Understand chromatography with the ability to be able to develop skills further with internal training which will be provided
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of complying with quality control procedures and able to demonstrate familiarity with the requirements of ISO 9001/2000.
- Must hold a Full UK driving license & valid UK Passport
- Fully able to cover a UK wide territory
- Experience of effective verbal communication skills in a customer facing or customer service environment, with excellent telephone manner
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft office suite, Outlook or equivalent and ability to learn and work with bespoke software packages
- Demonstrable ability to work alone or as part of a team
The Responsibilities of the Technical Support Engineer:
- The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for qualifying and validating AB Sciex Mass Spectrometry equipment to include: API 2000, API 3000, API 3200/3200 QTRAP, API 4000/4000 QTRAP
- Input and maintain the integrity of data entered into the service report management system
- Attend client sites and service/repair/replace instrumentation and equipment in accordance with quality management systems and ISO procedures
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with key account and all chromatography service contacts
- Support technical enquiries from incoming calls and on-site customers. Provide onsite training to customers
- Continually review work practices and make recommendations to line manager to increase the efficiency of current operations and customer satisfaction
- Be aware of the company’s product services, understanding what the customer requires and relate this back to the appropriate person within the company to meet the customer’s needs
- Build and maintain harmonious working relationships with colleagues
- Exceed customer expectations through excellent CRM
- Pass any new potential sales leads back to the internal and field-based Sales team
The Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a trusted and market leading independent Chromatography, Mass Spectroscopy and Gas Generator sales and service company based in the UK, they have an impressive range of different products by manufacturers such as: AB Sciex, Waters, Agilent and Thermo Fisher to name a few
- They are an extremely entrepreneurial organisation where everyone’s opinion matters, each individual person is valued and they’re constantly on the lookout for new business ventures and opportunities to grow the organisation through different openings and avenues – flexibility, trust and autonomy are attributes they strive for when bringing on new Engineers which in turn offers an excellent working environment
- Over 10 years’ experience successfully servicing and refurbing Gas Chromatography Mass Spectroscopy instruments ensuring performance and quality every time – successfully achieved year on year growth organically through bringing on more talented Engineers each year – the opportunity is now here to bring on further experienced people to progress through the organisation
This is an immediate requirement so please apply today by sending your up to date word CV to Oliver Gill; firstname.lastname@example.org and or you can call Oliver for more information on: +44 (0)113 243 3499
To be considered for this role you must have full right to work within the UK
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.