Technical Support Agent – Life Sciences
Base Salary Circa: £25,000 – £30,000 DOE + 8% Pension (Up to 6% by the employee & up to 8% by employer) + Healthcare (including Dental & Eye Care) + Death In Service & Critical Illness Scheme + 23 Days holiday + 8 days statutory + 1 Day for your Birthday + Childcare Vouchers
Office based in the Reading area
The Requirements of the Technical Support Agent:
- The ideal candidate will have direct experience in either an internal or field based Technical Support, Customer Support Engineer, Applications Specialist, Field Service Engineer, Product Support, Helpdesk Support position in one or more of the following industries: Life Sciences, Laboratory Automation, Biotechnology, Medical Device sectors
- You will have experience delivering cohesive & solution focused product & technical support ideally for Laboratory Automation/Liquid Handling instrumentation
- Other product areas such as Microscopy, Cell Imaging, High Content Screening, NGS, PCR, Immunoassay Analysers or related technical scientific/medical device equipment experience will be fully considered
- You will hold a relevant Life Science OR Engineering degree
- If you speak a second European language such as Dutch, French or Spanish this would be a big advantage
- You will be self-motivated and enthusiastic, have excellent interpersonal & problem-solving skills, and work effectively in a team and also individually
- Excellent communication skills in order to effectively interact with my client’s customers as well as with your team members
The Responsibilities of the Technical Support Agent:
- As a technical expert you will serve as the first line of contact to our customers in the UK/Ireland and occasionally other European countries.
- Provide effective product support by responding to customers’ requests and complaints in a prompt and professional manner
- Remotely analysing and solving customer hardware and software problems
- Occasionally providing on-site service and support (e.g. Preventive Maintenance tasks)
- Escalating issues within the organisation as required
- Initiating and monitoring progress of on-site interventions as well as in-house repairs
- Maintaining knowledge of instruments and products by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks
- My client is a market leading organisation within the fast-growing laboratory automation & robotics industry
- They are specialised in the development, production and distribution of Liquid Handling automation solutions for laboratories in the market segments of life sciences, drug discovery, clinical diagnostics and forensics to name just a few
- This opportunity is a newly created role as a direct result of continuous growth and success!
Apply right now by calling Oliver Gill – Specialist Recruitment Consultant at Langton Howarth Ltd on 0113 243 3499 and email your up to date CV to email@example.com Langton Howarth is the market leading scientific supplies company placing people into dream jobs across the UK and Europe daily.
You must have full right to work in the UK to be considered for this role
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice.