Technical Services Advisor – German Speaking
Basic Salary Circa: £27,000 – £33,000 + Bonus up to 8.5% + Life Insurance 4 x Salary + Healthcare with BUPA (Discounted for family) + Critical illness Cover + Up to 8% Matched Pension + Childcare Vouchers + Long Service Award + 25 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holiday Days + 1 Day for Your Birthday + + Free Onsite Parking
Location: Office based in Oxford
The Requirements of the Technical Services Advisor:
- You will be educated to a minimum BSc or MSc level in of the following areas (other relevant biological degrees will be considered): Biomedical Science, Immunology, Biochemistry, Neuroscience, Virology, Molecular Biology or Cell Biology
- Having a PhD in a Life Sciences discipline e.g. Immunology would be a distinct advantage
- Minimum of 3-year laboratory experience with focus on immunology/ immunological techniques including flow-cytometry, antibodies, IHC, WB and ELISA
- You must be Fluent in German & English both written and spoken
- You will need to be a true self-starter as well as a team player
The Role of the Technical Services Advisor:
- Within the Technical Services Advisor role, you will act as the primary technical contact for defined geographical regions
- Investigate and resolve product-related complaints to maintain customer satisfaction and product quality
- Liaise with researchers and suppliers on scientific issues relating to the client’s antibody product range
- Provide in-house technical assistance to colleagues
- Acquire and maintain product specific technical info
- Update and maintain existing product specific datasheets
- Review incoming supplier datasheets for discrepancies
- My client is a global leader within the Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics industries, with a team of over 8,000 employees and a global network of operations that serves the industry – they are within the top five leading life science companies globally
- Offering a wide range of instruments, software, consumables, reagents, and content for the growing fields of cell biology, drug discovery, gene expression as well as protein purification
- Supporting laboratories throughout the world their products and solutions are based on technologies used to separate, purify, identify, analyse, and amplify biological materials such as antibodies, proteins, nucleic acids, cells and bacteria
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to OwenFothergill@langtonhowarth.com or call Owen today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have authorisation to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.