Home Location: Living anywhere in Belgium
My client is a global leader in Genomics, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), RNA/DNA/ Sequencing – an industry at the intersection of biology and technology. At the most fundamental level, they enable customers to read and understand genetic variations. They strive to make solutions increasingly simple, more accessible, and always reliable. As a result, discoveries that were unimaginable even a few years ago are now becoming routine – and are making their way into patient treatment.
This is a brand-new role created due to my client’s exciting expansion plan for their commercial sales team in UK, they are looking for an experienced life sciences sales professional to take responsibility for our customers on territory. You will be working alongside dedicated field applications and service engineers in the field dealing with established business as well as forging relationships with new customers in the region.
The role of the Technical Sales Specialist:
- Pre-sales activity will include delivery of technical expertise during the sales process including consultation on applications, assay design and data analysis / interpretation
- Working closely with existing territory account managers and sales specialists to drive library prep sales with each instrument sale and ensuring a rapid “time to implementation” of new library preparation solutions
- Identify and develop new LP opportunities
- Align and contribute with TAMs and DSMs on strategic territory plan
- Working with customers post system installation and initial training by Field Applications Scientist to provide additional training on library preparation workflow
- Supporting and training customers on assay design and the use of Design Studio to accelerate adoption of targeted resequencing. Support activities will include checking designs submitted by customers
- Working collaboratively with sales, service, and support to ensure effective account/customer management and communication through pre-sales – installation – post-sales cycle
- Escalation of technical issues to Technical Support for resolution
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers in assigned territory
- Representing the company professionally, ethically, and morals always, adhering to my client’s values
The requirements of the Technical Sales Specialist:
- To be considered for this role you will already have 1+ years’ experience in either a field-based (preferred) or internal Sales/Account Management/Business Development role selling one or more of the following products areas: NGS/Sequencing/Genomics instruments, DNA/RNA Library Preparation, Microarray reagents/consumables or Genomic Services
- You could also be an experienced Field Application Scientist/Specialist with the above experience who is motivated to transition into a lucrative sales role
- Client facing Scientists with extensive NGS/Sequencing laboratory experience will also be considered
- Solid technical knowledge of NGS/Sequencing applications is required
- You will hold a minimum of a BSc degree (MSc/PhD preferred) in a scientific/ biological subject (e.g., Immunology, Biology, Genomics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry etc)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meeting short-notice deadlines, with daily reprioritisation of work.
- Good working knowledge of CRM systems and proficient in PC software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), able to run basic technical software presentations.
- Fluency in Business English and local language (Dutch or French) is required
- Full driving licence and valid passport and ability to travel and stay away from home when required
- Base Salary Circa: €45,000 – €55,000 (DOE)
- 50% of base salary OTE (Uncapped)
- Monthly Car Allowance
- Health Cover
- Share Options
- Laptop + Mobile Phone
- Competitive Holidays + Statutory Public Holidays
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Oliver Gill today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in Belgium.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone would be good for this role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive £100.00 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.
|Job Category||Scientific Supplies|