Technical and Regulatory Compliance Manager
Salary: £32,000 + Pension + 20 Days Holiday (Pro-Rata) + 8 Bank Holidays + Birthday Off + Free Parking + 50% Products
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8am – 4:30pm (2.30pm finish on Friday)
- To ensure compliance of new and existing products with global legislative requirements (EU Cosmetic Regulation, REACH, CLP, FDA, Prop.65, etc).
- To work with third party Manufacturers to ensure product formulations satisfy all company requirements, including target brand margins to satisfy channel strategy.
- To provide guidance and assistance to the Buying team to ensure that the entire Supply Chain adheres to Corporate Responsibility Policy, including, as a minimum, ensuring that all the suppliers comply with the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code.
- To manage the strategic and operational performance of the Technical Department ensuring the successful delivery of the business strategy.
- To create, monitor and report on key performance indicators to ensure functional objectives are met.
- To provide strong technical support to both internal and external customers as well as suppliers.
- To maintain all key PIF data, ensuring relevant compliance and information readiness, in the case of Authority requests.
- To ensure that Product Information Files, Safety Assessments and uploads to the Cosmetic Products Notification Portal (CPNP) are completed to timeline and to a high quality level.
- To ensure product labelling, product claims, marketing material, website and third par-ty packaging conform to regulatory, company and customer requirements.
- To ensure that product testing protocols reflect customer and regulatory requirements and meet industry best practice standards.
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies, distributors and retailers to resolve registration issues in existing markets.
- Identify and manage documentary export requirements and liaise with supply chain to ensure logistics support.
- To maintain and submit packaging waste obligation data to the relevant authorities, and to assure full compliance with the regulations governing the placement of packaging on the global market.
- Liaise with the customer service team; monitor and maintain adverse event reporting processes.
- Assist in designing and upgrading internal processes.
- Formulate and disseminate appropriate reports and KPI’s.
- Develop and maintain links to other teams, including Buying, Design, Marketing and external suppliers
- Investigate Non-conformities internally and liaising with Suppliers
- Follow up with suppliers on Documentation requirements for records
- My client offers a collection of bath, body and home products. Ranging from decadent hand washes and velvety body creams to glamorous body sprays and sumptuously scented candles.
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Avanda today on 020 3911 1000.
To apply for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.